LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwire - Jan 9, 2013) - KIT digital Content Solutions, Inc., a company that was spun off from KIT digital, Inc. in June 2012, has today unveiled a renewed vision and corporate identity that sees the company rebrand as utd. by content with immediate effect.
utd. by content, which provides media management and digital distribution services to the news, media and entertainment industries, sits at the nexus of an industry that is transforming. Digital formats, along with the increasing consumer thirst for "on-demand, on-the-go" media has left media companies and distributors in need of a partner who can combine services with technology to prepare, transform, optimize or deliver content for an increasing variety of end-points; digital cinema, home entertainment, online, and digital platforms.
As a central part of the re-launch, utd. by content has announced a company belief which will guide all of the company''s operations: "We stand to unite our customers with their audiences, by harnessing and unleashing the new power of content."
The company is currently delivering services and solutions in six key areas:
- Digital Cinema: Content management, preparation and distribution services that help theatrical producers, local film distributors and other partners deliver content to digital cinemas around the world
- Clients include Warner Bros., Walt Disney Company, Focus Features, Momentum Pictures, Reliance and others
- Home Entertainment: Content preparation and production services that allow content owners and content rights holders to distribute to DVD, Blu-ray Disc as well as to global VOD platforms like iTunes, Amazon, GooglePlay
- Clients include Warner Bros., 20th Century Fox, Arvato Entertainment, Concorde Home Entertainment, Koch Media, Fremantle Media, Universal Pictures, Bontonfilm and others
- News Clips: Clip production, localisation and distribution services that help news and sports agencies offer high quality, timely, and more plentiful content to their editorial partners as well as online and mobile publishers to be able to entertain their audiences
- Clients include Associated Press, DisneyABC, Splash News, Grupa Onet.pl, MSN Sweden and others
- Digital Platforms: Content ingestion, metadata and asset management, quality control services, content consulting and merchandising that help digital platform providers to create and manage their content offering for their users
- Clients include TotalMovie, Vodafone, Televisa and others
- Managed Production Workflows: Production services that give new life and monetisation opportunities to content, such as asset digitization, film restoration and 3D conversion
- Professional Services: Provision of advice and support to clients and partners in creating and improving their digital content value chain
"The global media and entertainment industry is going through a period of unprecedented disruption, due to the prevailing growth of digital technologies and the explosion in mobile device usage," said Petr Stransky, CEO of utd. by content. "How people consume media is changing rapidly. However, the desire of consumers to watch great content is higher than ever. We know content and we are passionately committed to ensuring it is united with hungry audiences in new and innovative ways. This puts us at the very forefront of an industry transitioning into a new era."
Since the company formed as a wholly independent business at the end of June 2012, a complete rebrand has always been a part of its plans. As part of the rebranding initiative, a new logo has been designed to convey the simple, modern and innovative feel of utd. by content, while paying homage to the heritage of the content industry of which it is a part. The first stage of a new corporate website has also been developed and launched today at utdbycontent.com.
Announcing the rebrand, Petr Stransky said: "The new name very simply defines who we are and what we are all about. At utd. by content, we intrinsically understand the powerful role content plays in all our lives today. We know how to harness the power of digital content for our customers, and how to unleash it for audiences to devour and savour in whatever form they want."
Simon Hammond, Chairman of branding consultancy The Be Counsel, which developed the utd. by content brand, said: "it was very rewarding to work with a company so ready to embrace a belief - that their role is to help their clients realize the power of content in this new era. We feel the new brand reflects that passion and will therefore stand out in an industry which can sometimes look vanilla and disconnected from the real, emotive drivers of their customers."
About utd. by content:
utd. by content provides media management and digital distribution to the news, media and entertainment industries. The company customizes solutions for customers that combine technology and services to prepare, optimize, transform or deliver their content to an ever-increasing number of content endpoints; digital cinema, home entertainment, online, and digital platforms.
With over 10 years'' experience, utd. by content is a trusted partner for major content owners and digital platform operators such as Warner Bros, 20th Century Fox, DisneyABC, Associated Press, TotalMovie and Vodafone. The company employs over 100 people in seven major locations around the world; Singapore, Cairo, Prague, Stockholm, London, New York, and Los Angeles.
utd. by content was formerly an integrated business division of KIT digital Inc., and became a wholly independent business at the end of June 2012 through spin-off transition.
- Arts & Entertainment
- Technology & Electronics