REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Jan 22, 2013) - Oracle (
- To help standardize business processes and improve bottom line results across its operations, Komori America, the North American operations of Komori Corporation, one of the world's largest printing press manufacturers, has upgraded to the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 to help manage its financials, procurement, supply chain, projects, some customer relationship management capabilities such as call center operations, and time and labor.
- Faced with managing a growing spare parts depot, field service, sales and marketing business and wishing to conduct more complex financial processes, Komori America decided to upgrade to the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 to help support its strong growth and to centralize supply chain and financial information and minimize system customizations.
- With Oracle E-Business Suite Supply Chain Management, including Oracle Warehouse Management, Oracle Order Management and Oracle Advanced Pricing, Komori America has been able to simplify press installation and maintenance for its customers, field technicians and salespeople by automating the fulfillment of spare part orders and managing complex pricing lists.
- Further improving its supply chain responsiveness, Komori is leveraging Oracle Field Service to quickly and cost-effectively dispatch field technicians to complete repairs and to track service performance for customers.
- New functionality in Oracle E-Business Suite Financials, including Oracle General Ledger, Oracle Payables, and Oracle Receivables, has helped Komori automate financial reporting, reduce enterprise compliance risks and easily review accounting processes
- Specifically, Subledger Accounting was a new feature in Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 that Komori America's finance team leveraged for rules-based accounting to breakout specific revenue cost ratios, which has helped Komori save time and money.
- In addition, Komori is using Oracle Projects, part of the Oracle E-Business Suite, to help ensure projects stay on schedule and within budget.
- "To support our continued growth, we needed a modern and integrated platform that would help us streamline and simplify business processes, but also enable us to conduct more complex financial processes and analysis," said Andy Katz, Director of IT, Komori America. "The Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 has really delivered for us as it has enabled us to transform the way we manage and process financial and supply chain information. By centralizing information and increasing efficiencies, Oracle E-Business Suite has ultimately enabled us to save time and money."
- Oracle Applications
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1
- Oracle E-Business Suite Supply Chain Management
- Oracle E-Business Suite Financials
- Oracle Order Management
- Oracle Advanced Pricing
- Oracle Field Service
- Oracle Projects
- Oracle for Midsize Companies
- About Komori America
- Podcast: Start the Presses: Komori America Upgrades
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve your existing applications investments. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.