MONTREAL , June 10, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - The 20th edition of the Conference of Montreal , organized by the International Economic Forum of the Americas, will conclude on the following themes: "International Trade, Health and Innovation", on Wednesday, June 11 .
Invited speakers and panellists will discuss many topics including the emergence of new trade routes from the perspective of international trade, the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) between Canada and the European Union, the technological contribution of the industrial revolution, as well as new opportunities for trade related to the opening of Northern passages.
During the working breakfasts, the forums, and the plenary sessions, there will be discussions on the status of the world food situation, new ways of financing health care, and medical innovation aimed at putting the patient at the centre of health care research.
The OECD will also proceed with the presentation of its 2014 economic survey on Canada . This study is officially presented at the Conference during a breakfast on human capital and productivity, together with the study entitled: Employment and Skills Strategies in Canada . Business needs and the importance of creating more quality jobs will be discussed.
Keynote speakers of the "International Trade, Health and Innovation" day are:
- Ibrahim M. Turhan , Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Borsa Istanbul;
- Diane Brady , Senior Editor and Content Chief, Bloomberg Businessweek ;
- Mohammed El Twigry, Assistant Secretary-General for Economic Affairs, the League of Arab States;
- Suzanne Fortier , Principal and Vice-Chancellor, McGill University ;
- Amadou Diallo, Chief Executive Officer, DHL Freight;
- John G. Rice , Vice Chairman, GE;
- Angel Gurría, Secretary-General, Organisation for Economic Co-ooperation and Development (OCDE) ;
- Hans Kristian Olsen , President (CEO), Nunaoil;
- Pascal Lamy , Former Director General, World Trade Organisation (WTO) (2005-2013);
- Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson, President, Republic of Iceland ;
- Avi Reichental , President and Chief Executive Officer, 3D Systems;
- Jens-Peter Saul , Group Chief Executive Officer, Ramboll;
- Naoyuki Yoshino , Dean, Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI).
The program of the 2014 Conference of Montreal is regularly updated and is available at: http://forum-americas.org/montreal
Conference of Montreal Partners
The Conference of Montreal thanks its partners: Power Corporation of Canada , the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, Dentons, the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF), RBC Capital Markets, Finance Montréal, Hydro-Québec, Investissement Québec, Sanofi, TransCanada, the International Organisation of La Francophonie, Export Development Canada (EDC), GDF SUEZ, QG100, RioTinto Alcan, Total, Ville de Montréal, the International Development Research Centre (IDRC), BNP Paribas ( Canada ), Cogeco, McKinsey & Company, the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), Cisco, Garda World, Imperial, Desjardins, McGill University , SNC Lavalin, Government of Ontario , the École de technologie supérieure (ÉTS), Ernst & Young, Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers, Centre d'études et de recherches internationales (CÉRIUM), the Université de Montréal, Aecon, Montréal International, HEC Montréal, Air France, Oxygène, Concordia University , General Electric, Génome Québec, Québec Employers Council, Tourisme Montréal, the Desautels Faculty of Management, National Écocrédit, La Coop fédérée, VIA Rail, Government of Canada , le gouvernement du Québec, La Presse, Worth, Forces, The Globe & Mail, RDI, CNW Telbec, Cohn & Wolfe, World Energy Council, and the OECD.
About the International Economic Forum of the Americas and Conference of Montreal
For the last 20 years, the Conference of Montreal has been committed to heightening knowledge and awareness of the major issues concerning economic globalization, with a particular emphasis on the relations between the Americas and other continents. The Conference also strives to foster exchanges of information, to promote free discussion and facilitate meetings to develop international trade, inviting political, economic, trade union and cultural leaders to speak out on the great issues of our time.
For more information and for accreditation of national and international journalists and media professionals, or to arrange an interview with one of the speakers listed above, please contact Sophie Roy at: 1 844-778-7296 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that not all speakers are available for interviews.
SOURCE Conference of Montreal
- Company Earnings
- Singapore International News
- International Trade
- International Economic Forum