If you believe Nate Silver, the San Francisco 49ers will beat the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday to win Super Bowl XLVII. The 49ers last took home the Lombardi Trophy thanks to Steve Young way back in 1995 -- a time when M.J. said "I'm back," O.J. said "I'm innocent" and beepers -- excuse me, pagers -- roamed the Earth. The year known as 1995 also birthed some of our favorite websites, most iconic films and timeless tunes.
Things were kickin' in '95, and with the 49ers back in the Big Game, what better time to take a nostalgic trip down memory lane? Here, we relive the year's biggest moments in tech, sports, news and popular culture. So button up your flannel, sip on some yak and roll with us, homies.
[More from Mashable: Woman Finds Birth Parents Through Viral Facebook Photo]
1. Timeless websites are released upon the the world
NYTimes.com in 1996, via the Wayback Machine
Match.com in 2000, via the Wayback Machine
[More from Mashable: A Nerd’s Guide to Football]
Craigslist in 2000, via the Wayback Machine
Amazon in 1999, via the Wayback Machine
2. O.J.'s glove does not fit ... the jury would later acquit
Image via Vince Bucci/AFP/Getty Images
O.J. Simpson's trial for murder played out mostly in 1995, with a jury declaring him not guilty on Oct. 3.
3. Tommy Lee and Pamela Anderson tie the knot in all their cringe-worthy glory
Image via S. Granitz/WireImage/Getty Images
Somehow, it did not last.
4. Bill Gates takes over the world
Image via Michel Gangn/AFP/Getty Images
Gates was named the world's richest man in the same year that Windows 95 was released -- bringing with it Internet Explorer -- and MSN.com was launched.
Image courtesy Flickr, hades2k
"These days, beepers--or, to give them their proper name, pagers--adorn the belts and pocketbooks of all sorts of people," reads this Businessweek article from Jan. 15, 1995.
6. Michael Jordan quits his short-lived baseball career to rejoin the Chicago Bulls
Image via Eugené Garcia/AFP/Getty Images
His killer two-word press release? "I'm back."
7. We do it thusly:
Montell Jordan's classic explanatory party anthem became a #1 hit.
6. We also, however, do it like this:
Before "Gangnam Style," kids, we had a little dance called "La Macarena."
7. But the music world also loses an all-time legend
Image courtesy of Creative Commons R.I.P. Jerry, 1942-1995.
8. A model graces the cover of Sports Illustrated's annual swimsuit issue ... wearing an actual t-shirt
My, how things change.
9. Time magazine's "Man of the Year" is ... Newt Gingrich
10. All of these movies come out, each epic in its own right
All righty then! Jim Carrey's legend is born.
Toy Story introduces the world to a little company called Pixar, co-founded by some guy named Steve Jobs.
Batman. Forever. Featuring the awesomely '90s Seal song "Kiss From a Rose."
Where were you in 1995? What are your favorite moments and memories? Share with us in the comments.
BONUS GALLERY: Our Favorite Sports Social Media Moments of 2012
Top image via Simon Brut/Getty Images
This story originally published on Mashable here.