DANBURY, CT--(Marketwired - Jan 23, 2017) - Crown World Mobility (CWM) -- the world-renowned provider of domestic and international end-to-end workforce mobility solutions and talent management strategies -- announced today its latest update on new developments for worldwide immigration laws. This news bulletin includes updates from various countries including the United States, Canada, Australia, China, India, New Zealand, Ethiopia, France, Italy, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
"The world's immigration laws can shift rapidly due to instability, changing attitudes or a host of other reasons," says Shan Norman, VP of client services. "We provide the latest information so our clients can be prepared for a dynamic world, whether it's information about travel warnings in Ethiopia, important changes to China's work permit procedures, or a shift in New Zealand's residence program. Understanding all of the local rules and regulations is our job, and is part of what makes us successful at meeting the needs of both global clients and individual workers."
Noteworthy updates include:
- United States: An increase in immigration transaction fees by an average of 21 percent. The fees affect naturalization applications, Certificate of Citizenship requests, and fees for immigrant workers and investors, among others.
- Ethiopia: A travel warning issued by the U.S., UK and other countries due to the recent state of emergency declared by the Ethiopian government.
- Australia: The period that a subclass 457 visa holder can remain in Australia after their employment ceases has been reduced from 90 days to 60 days.
- China: Changes and streamlining of the foreigner work permit process, intended to bring in more global talent. Trial program started in nine cities/provinces including Shanghai, Beijing, Hebei, Tianjin, Anhui, Shandong, Guangdong, Sichuan and Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region.
- Switzerland: An increase in the quotas of highly-qualified workers from non-European Union (EU) / European Free Trade Agreement (EFTA) countries.
For a comprehensive explanation of all the recent updates, and to read the latest in mobility news, please click here.
About Crown World Mobility: Crown World Mobility (www.crownworldmobility.com) is a division of the Crown Worldwide Group, established in 1965 and headquartered in Hong Kong. Crown World Mobility helps corporations manage global talent and talented individuals perform on the global stage. In a world that seems to be constantly shrinking, managing a globally mobile workforce creates challenges for any organization. These challenges are human in scale -- global assignments involve the everyday lives of transferees and their families. But there are policies to navigate, formalities to coordinate and legalities to adhere to -- at the same time as concentrating on a new assignment and getting a job done. Crown's approach is to work with all stakeholders to find the right solution, implementing a global mobility program that is successful for the whole organization. This often means finding a unique solution, which Crown has the experience and capability to deliver.