CHICAGO, Oct. 2, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Beazley, a leading insurer of professional liability insurance for law firms, has launched a redesigned website that gives insureds and brokers access to industry-leading risk management materials.
The website was created to heighten firm-wide awareness of risk issues and to offer insights and solutions. It includes:
- Claims scenarios -- a library of "real world" claims and prepared case scenarios which set forth the facts underlying the claims, describe how the claims were resolved and identify the loss prevention lessons they offer.
- Reputation at Risk videos - an educational video series that dramatizes some of the most difficult and dangerous risk management issues a law firm can face. The scenarios draw heavily on Beazley's experience in situations that commonly lead to professional liability claims.
- Risk management service providers -- detailed information on industry experts and risk management advisors.
- Beazley Brief library -- past issues of Beazley's quarterly bulletin that focus on complex and sensitive issues in the realm of law firm professional liability.
"Beazley has been underwriting professional liability insurance for law firms for 27 years and we insure over a quarter of the Am Law 200 list of the top law firms in the United States," says Brant Weidner, claims manager and head of Beazley's risk management for law firms.
"We have a unique perspective on the types of risks that are most threatening to law firms and a key dimension of our service is to provide our insureds with proactive risk management assistance."
Note to editors:
Beazley plc (BEZ.L), is the parent company of specialist insurance businesses with operations in Europe, the US, Asia and Australia. Beazley manages five Lloyd's syndicates and, in 2012, underwrote gross premiums worldwide of $1,895.9 million. All Lloyd's syndicates are rated A by A.M. Best.
Beazley's underwriters in the United States focus on writing a range of specialist insurance products. In the admitted market, coverage is provided by Beazley Insurance Company, Inc., an A.M. Best A rated carrier licensed in all 50 states. In the surplus lines market, coverage is provided by the Beazley syndicates at Lloyd's.
Beazley is a market leader in many of its chosen lines, which include professional indemnity, property, marine, reinsurance, accident and life, and political risks and contingency business.
For more information please go to: www.beazley.com
- Security Upgrades & Downgrades
- risk management
+1 312 476 6242