LAS VEGAS, NV--(Marketwired - Oct 15, 2013) - LiveDeal Inc. (
- Significantly higher time spent on its site by its visitors than expected;
- 30% of LiveDeal's user-base is returning to the site on a daily basis;
- Over 65% of its visitors are mobile users, complementing the ability to "geotag" a user and deliver the best dining choices to the consumer; and
- LiveDeal is now also in demand by well-known, high-quality restaurants in San Diego.
The Company also announced that it released an update to both desktop and mobile versions of livedeal.com on October 11 based on feedback received from both users and restaurants. The Company expects to expand to four major metropolitan cities by the end of 2013, and believes that these other cities could have a similar adoption rate based on LiveDeal's success in the San Diego market.
Jon Isaac, CEO of LiveDeal, stated, "We are elated over our initial success in our rollout city of San Diego. We are thrilled with the way restaurants, including well-respected local chains and popular brands who would not usually run a daily deal, have embraced livedeal.com. We are also extremely pleased with the percentage of users who return to our site every day, which we believe demonstrates that livedeal.com provides a high value proposition for users. We are entirely committed to seeing livedeal.com expand and succeed, which will benefit consumers, businesses, and ultimately our shareholders. We will continue to provide the investment community with frequent updates on our progress."
What is livedeal.com?
livedeal.com is a unique, real-time "deal engine" connecting merchants with consumers. The Company believes that it has developed a first-of-its-kind web/mobile platform providing restaurants with full control and flexibility to instantly publish customized offers whenever they wish to attract customers. The website includes a number of user and restaurant-friendly features, including:
- An intuitive interface enabling restaurants to create limited-time offers and publish them immediately, or on a preset schedule that is fully customizable;
- State-of-the-art scheduling technology giving restaurants the freedom to choose the days, times and duration of the offers, enabling them to create offers that entice consumers to visit their establishment during their slower periods;
- Advanced publishing options allowing restaurants to manage traffic by limiting the number of available vouchers to consumers;
- Superior geo-location technology allowing multi-location restaurants to segment offers by location, attracting customers to slower locations while eliminating potential over-crowding at busier sites; and
- A user-friendly mobile and desktop web interface allowing consumers to easily browse, download, and instantly redeem "live" offers found on livedeal.com based on their location.
Restaurants can sign up to use the LiveDeal platform at the Company's website (www.livedeal.com).
About LiveDeal Inc.
LiveDeal Inc. provides marketing solutions that boost customer awareness and merchant visibility on the Internet. LiveDeal operates a deal engine, which is a service that connects merchants and consumers via an innovative platform that uses geo-location, enabling businesses to communicate real-time and instant offers to nearby consumers. In November 2012, LiveDeal commenced the sale of marketing tools that help local businesses manage their online presence under the company's Velocity Local™ brand. LiveDeal continues to actively develop, revise, and evaluate these products and services and its marketing strategies and procedures. For more information, visit www.livedeal.com.
Forward-Looking and Cautionary Statements
This press release contains "forward-looking" statements that are based on present circumstances and on LiveDeal's predictions with respect to events that have not occurred, that may not occur, or that may occur with different consequences and timing than those now assumed or anticipated. Such forward-looking statements, including any statements regarding the plans and objectives of management for future operations or products, the market acceptance or future success of our products, and our future financial performance, are not guarantees of future performance or results and involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual events or results to differ materially from the events or results described in the forward-looking statements.
Forward-looking statements are made only as of the date of this release and LiveDeal does not undertake and specifically declines any obligation to update any forward-looking statements. Readers should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements.
- Technology & Electronics