ADDLESTONE, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwired - Jun 27, 2013) - Juniper Networks (
The LAN (Local Area Network) connectivity across Lotus F1 Team's headquarters campus in Oxfordshire, U.K. provides a reliable, high-performance fixed and wireless network platform to power vital, data-intensive functions such as the company's research, development, and design suite, state-of-the-art wind tunnel facility, and engineering shop. In the future, Juniper will also provide LAN, WAN (Wide Area Network) and remote connectivity trackside at Grand Prix races globally and at numerous testing sessions.
- The high-performance network is vital to the team, enabling real-time and near real-time data processing at scale throughout each qualifying session and race: Lotus F1 Team generates and logs in excess of 15Mb of data per lap, per car, per race; just under 1,000 statistics per lap are calculated and presented back to race engineers; each race weekend generates in excess of 50GB of data; in 2012 Lotus F1 Team moved more than 4.5TB of data across the world.
- Pervasive security throughout the network, from remote access to the core, is particularly important in a highly-competitive, innovation-driven sport. Because network performance is also key, Juniper's security solutions help Lotus F1 Team to ensure fast, reliable throughput while maintaining the highest levels of data privacy and protection.
- Juniper's single operating system, Junos®, uniquely provides a common element across the routing, switching and security elements deployed to ensure Lotus F1 Team maximizes ease of management, long-term flexibility and return-on-investment.
- The infrastructure includes Juniper Networks® QFX3000-M QFabric System, QFX3500 and QFX3600 switches, and EX Series Ethernet Switches in the data centers; Juniper Networks(R) SRX Series Services Gateways for high-performance routing and security in the core network; Juniper Networks(R) WLA Series LAN Access Points, WLC Wireless LAN Controllers and WLM Wireless LAN Management for secure, reliable wireless access; Juniper Networks(R) MAG Series Junos Pulse Gateways for secure remote and mobile access; and Junos® Space to simplify and automate management of its Juniper devices.
Lotus F1 Team
"From the design concept of each season's car, through component engineering and production to testing, qualifying and competing at each race, we have to deliver innovation and excellence with no margin for failure, error or delay. Our network underpins the entire operation, so we need a partner who is equally innovative and reliable, and who can secure the highly valuable data we share across the team. Juniper enables Lotus F1 Team to build the best network so we can strive to be the best grand prix team."
- Patrick Louis, CEO, Lotus F1 Team
"Grand prix racing is literally a fast-moving enterprise, with a highly-competitive, success-driven culture. Trackside conditions are particularly challenging, with heat, dust, vibration and the need to build and tear down a reliable, secure network infrastructure quickly in a new location every couple of weeks or so. We are very excited by the prospect of Juniper's technology operating in this environment and playing a part in Lotus F1 Team's 2013 campaign and beyond."
- Sean Dolan, senior vice president, EMEA, Juniper Networks
- Video: Lotus F1 Team Builds the Best Network with Juniper
- Blog: Lotus F1 Team Builds the Best with Juniper Networks by Peter Crowecomb
About Lotus F1 Team
Based in central England, the team first entered the Formula 1 World Championship in 1981 under the Toleman name, undergoing subsequent evolutions as Benetton, Renault, Lotus Renault GP and now Lotus F1 Team. With four Drivers' and three Constructors' World Championships collected along the way, Lotus F1 Team has been home to some of the greatest drivers in history; legendary men such as Ayrton Senna, Michael Schumacher, and Fernando Alonso to name but a few.
The 2013 season has seen the team make a flying start in its bid for championship glory, with 2007 Formula 1 World Champion Kimi Räikkönen and team-mate Romain Grosjean taking five podium finishes from the opening five races, including an emphatic victory for Kimi at the opening round in Melbourne, Australia.
Currently occupying third position in the Drivers' and fourth in the Constructors' World Championship, the Enstone-based squad is right the hunt for Championship glory once again, and with a bright future ahead.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
- Sports & Recreation
- Lotus F1 Team
+44 (0) 1372 385 692