OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
In this episode of A.M.BestTV, insurers, program administrators and organizers at Target Markets Program Administrators Association’s (TMPAA) Mid-Year Meeting in Baltimore say niche-specific insurance programs are outpacing the broader U.S. property/casualty commercial insurance market. “The carriers realize they can build a better book of business through specialists who have a good plan for distribution, a good plan for marketing and a good plan for risk selection,” said Dusty Rowland, president and CEO of Fulcrum Insurance Programs. Ray Scotto, executive director of TMPAA, said program managers and carriers are increasingly attending the event to connect with each other. Hot topics discussed in the episode include web-based distribution, M&A activity among insurance distributors and carriers, and how to adapt to the increasing sophistication of insurance buyers. Click on http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=targetmarkets514 to view the episode.
Full-length interviews from the event also are available:
- Ray Scotto, Executive Director of Target Markets: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=scotto514
- Dusty Rowland, President and CEO of Fulcrum Insurance Programs: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=rowland514
- Heidi Strommen, President of ProHost USA: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=strommen514
- Christopher L. Pesce, President, Maritime Program Group: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=pesce514
- Stephen Kelley, Senior Vice President, Blue River Underwriters, Breckenridge Insurance Group: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=kelley514
- Kevin Donoghue, Managing Director, Mystic Capital Advisors Group: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=donoghue514
Recent episodes of A.M.BestTV include:
- NAIC Wrestles with Global Insurance Regulation: U.S. and international regulators gather in Washington at the NAIC’s Annual International Insurance Forum to discuss corporate governance, supervisory colleges and efforts to implement global capital standards on systemically important insurers: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=naic514
- ‘Grey Swans’ Emerge in Insurance Risk Analysis: Insurance observers report that so-called black swan events are turning grey as they are happening more frequently and the risks need to be better recognized and managed: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=greyswans514
- Medical Professional Liability Strong But Long-Term Caution Emerges: A panel of insurers and industry experts review state of the U.S. medical professional liability insurance, including underwriting results, trends, tort issues and what key factors could indicate change ahead: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=mpli514
A.M.BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View A.M.BestTV episodes at www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best Company is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2014 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Lee McDonald, 908-439-2200, ext. 5561
Group Vice President, Publication and News Services