OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
This episode of A.M.BestTV looks at insurance industry-related topics making headlines, including the renewal of the Terrorism Risk and Insurance Act, what the U.S. health exchange enrollment numbers mean for insurers and an examination of shifting risks in global markets with attendees of the Coface Country Risk Conference. In addition, J. Scott Davison, the new CEO of Indianapolis-based OneAmerica Financial Partners, Inc., sits down to discuss the future direction of the company, which holds established positions in several markets such as full-service small to medium retirement plans, life insurance and asset-based long-term care. Issues addressed at the Coface event include emerging-market strategies and the end of the Fed’s quantitative easing policy. Click on http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=news52314 to view the episode.
People who appear in this episode include:
- J. Scott Davison, President & Chief Executive Officer, OneAmerica;
- Kerstin Braun, Executive Vice President, North America Region, Coface;
- Paul Ballew, Senior Vice President, Chief Data and Analytics Office and Chief Economist, D&B
- Stuart Bergman, Chief Economist and Director of Export Development, Economic and Political Intelligence Center, Canada;
- Richard Golod, Director, Global Investment Strategies, Invesco; and
- Doniella Pliss, Senior Financial Analyst, A.M. Best Company.
Recent episodes of A.M.BestTV include:
- How Lloyd’s Is Refining Its Long-Range Thinking: Inga Beale, Lloyd’s chief executive officer, Vincent Vandendael, Lloyd’s director of international markets and Bernie Heinze, executive director of the American Association of Managing General Agents, review Lloyd’s recent update to its 2025 plan and explain what it means for emerging markets and U.S. managing general agents: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=lloyds514
- Ideas, Execution Come Together in Insurance Program Market: Attendees at the Target Markets Program Administrators Association’s Mid-Year Meeting in Baltimore say niche-specific insurance programs are outpacing the broader U.S. property/casualty commercial insurance market: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=targetmarkets514
- NAIC Wrestles with Global Insurance Regulation: U.S. and international regulators gather in Washington at the NAIC’s Annual International Insurance Forum to discuss corporate governance, supervisory colleges and efforts to implement global capital standards on systemically important insurers: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=naic514
- ‘Grey Swans’ Emerge in Insurance Risk Analysis: Insurance observers report that so-called black swan events are turning grey as they are happening more frequently and the risks need to be better recognized and managed: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=greyswans514
A.M.BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View A.M.BestTV episodes at www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best Company is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2014 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Lee McDonald, 908-439-2200, ext. 5561
Group Vice President, Publication and News Services