OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
This episode of A.M. BestTV looks at how insurers are seeing great potential for transactional risk insurance, a niche product that protects the buyers or sellers in a merger & acquisition deal. Transactional risk coverages can include indemnity obligations, tax exposures, existing or pending litigation and contingent liability. Craig Schioppo, managing director at Marsh USA, said insurance coverage is estimated to have grown 50% to 100% in the past three years worldwide. With worldwide M&A deals in 2014 expected to be up 10% over 2013, according to Kiplinger, Schioppo said he expects to see more growth in this line of business. Robert Brown, director of mergers & acquisition insurance at Pembroke Managing Agency/Ironshore, said the insurance has been particularly strong in the United Kingdom, but it starting to grow in other areas, including North America as M&As become more international. Click on http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=madeals214 to view the video program.
People who appear in this episode include:
- Craig Schioppo, managing director, Marsh USA; and
- Robert Brown, director, mergers & acquisition insurance, Pembroke Managing Agency/Ironshore.
Additionally, this episode takes a 60-second look at some regulatory actions that could impact the insurance industry.
Recent episodes of A.M. BestTV include:
- Economy Fuels Portfolio Tweaks: George Caffrey, head of Towers Watson's insurance asset advisory group, discusses investment strategy trends for 2014, including triple-B bonds and the likely impact of the Fed taper: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=towerswatson2214
- Aon Risk Map Puts Brazil in Crosshairs: Al Tobin, national property practice leader at Aon Risk Solutions, discusses the company’s latest terror/political violence map. Tobin said that Japan, Mozambique, Bangladesh and Brazil, home of the World Cup in 2014 and the Olympic Games in 2016, saw increased risk scores: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=aonmap2214.
A.M. BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best Co. information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View A.M. BestTV episodes at www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best Company is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2014 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Takeovers