WALTHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
QuantiaMD, the largest social learning network for physicians, developed by Quantia, Inc., conducted a recent poll of its members in order to understand physician perspectives regarding the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. Despite millions of enrollees, individuals and doctors remain confused about the law – a troubling fact as many patients look to their physicians as a primary resource on health care policy.
The poll garnered responses from 1,265 physicians from around the country and opened up a dialog about the ACA. Results of the study included:
- 84% of physicians said they did not feel like they had enough information on the ACA to serve as a reliable resource to their patients.
- 81% of physicians don’t feel they have enough information on the ACA to understand its impact on their practice and comply with its requirements.
- When asked where they get the most reliable information about the ACA, the majority (35%) of physicians responded saying there aren’t any reliable sources of information.
- 79% said they would use an HHS-produced FAQ with their patients if such a resource were available.
“This poll proves how physicians have been left out of the health care reform process,” said Mike Paskavitz, Editor-in-Chief, Quantia, Inc. “As the patient’s most trusted point of access to the healthcare system, physicians can be a tremendous communication channel for the ACA, and this poll demonstrates that there hasn’t been much, if any, communication directed at them. This poll was a huge eye opener for Quantia and validates the importance of the Affordable Care Act curriculum we have been developing for our members.”
The QuantiaMD faculty is comprised of 1,000 leading experts from US News & World Report Top 20 “Honor Roll” hospitals. A typical physician now spends 20 minutes per session consuming content and interacting with peers on QuantiaMD, making it an ideal platform to communicate and share knowledge. Nationwide, 1 in 3 physicians visits QuantiaMD each quarter. Additionally, more than 50% of members visit QuantiaMD on a mobile device.
Quantia, Inc. is a leader in Physician Relationship Management. We enable meaningful communication between physicians, clinicians and major healthcare organizations. As the creator of QuantiaMD, the largest online physician community, we are experts in physician engagement and alignment. Our web-based and mobile platform uses a blend of social media, game mechanics and engagement science to help clients―organizations such as health systems and life sciences companies―collaborate with physicians to reduce costs, save time and improve quality of care. Learn more about Quantia at www.quantia-inc.com and QuantiaMD at www.quantiamd.com.
- Health Care Industry
- Medical Specialties & Services
The CHT Group
Angela Malerba, +1-617-226-7188