SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Nov 21, 2013) - Sophisticated marketers understand the key to realizing the full potential of online advertising exists within their own data. Marin Connect offers marketers a flexible and open platform through which they can seamlessly integrate disparate sources of data -- cost, contextual, and revenue data -- into a central, unified interface. Marin Connect serves as the foundation of Marin Software, powering marketers' ability to unlock the potential of their data and deliver the right offer to the right audience at the right time for the right bid.
Today, Marin Software (
- In an increasingly competitive environment, online marketers must look beyond simple conversion metrics to fully optimize campaigns. Many advertisers have expanded the scope of conversion valuation to include not only online sales but also offline sales, latent transactions and customer lifetime value (LTV). To leverage these critical insights, marketers need an open, flexible platform that can easily consume data from different sources.
- Through a new partnership with LiveRamp, the leading data onboarder, Revenue Connect now provides merchants and retailers with an advanced technique that utilizes information at the point of sale to track in-store purchases and attribute them back to online ads that influenced the consumer's decision to buy. By bridging in-store sales to online ads, Marin and LiveRamp enable advertisers to ensure that appropriate credit is applied to the right marketing channel and that ads are optimized accordingly.
- Calculating customer LTV is a critical exercise for many digital marketers. Understanding the LTV of customer segments allows marketers to more accurately determine how much to invest in acquiring customers. Savvy marketers rely on LTV metrics to make better decisions; however, incorporating LTV into digital advertising campaigns can be challenging, especially when dealing with a large number of customer segments. Revenue Connect allows marketers to seamlessly integrate LTV data across any number of customer segments and tie it back to the keyword, creative or audience target that drove the initial click, allowing marketers to optimize media spend for maximum ROI.
- Tracking codes have become a staple for digital marketers when measuring the effectiveness of campaigns. Unfortunately, manual implementation of URL tracking codes is time consuming and prone to human error. The Marin Revenue Tracking Wizard automatically generates new URLs and auto-corrects malformed or duplicate URLs across an entire portfolio. The tool follows parameters based on advertisers' current URL tracking structure, improving the accuracy of data and in turn facilitating better marketing decisions.
- The partnership with LiveRamp further augments Marin's Certified Revenue Partner Ecosystem, providing additional offline revenue tracking capabilities, which include the call-tracking services ResponseTap, Marchex and Mongoose Metrics.
- Additional information on Marin Connect and Revenue Connect can be found at: www.marinsoftware.com/platform/connect.
- "The rise of automation has been a major step forward for marketers. However, the combination of powerful optimization tools and incomplete data creates situations that allow advertisers to make sub-optimal decisions more quickly," said Matt Ackley, chief marketing officer at Marin Software. "At Marin, we understand the importance of having the right data in the platform. We have invested heavily in create an open and extensible platform that allows for hundreds of integrations with our robust partner ecosystem. Marin's new flexible revenue capture solution, combined with our attribution, call-tracking and offline tracking options, enables customers to unlock the full potential of their conversion and revenue data."
- "The ability to connect in-store transaction data to online ad impressions provides marketers a 360 degree view of their customers," said Travis May, vice president of product at LiveRamp. "Data onboarding allows brands to utilize their entire customer data set effectively within a variety of online marketing platforms. Our partnership with Marin opens up new avenues for optimizing search campaigns with onboarded data."
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding anticipated developments in digital advertising, performance and benefits of Marin's platform, Marin Connect and Revenue Connect. These forward-looking statements are subject to the safe harbor provisions created by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; defects and service interruptions in our platform (including but not limited to Marin Connect and Revenue Connect); delays, reductions or slower growth in the amount spent on online and mobile advertising; and unforeseen developments in the digital advertising industry generally, technological changes; competition; and the fact that the search and mobile markets are emerging markets and rapidly evolving. These forward looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to uncertainties and changes in condition, significance, value and effect as well as other risks detailed in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our most recent reports on Form 10-Q and current reports on Form 8-K that we may file from time to time. Marin Software assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
About Marin Software:
Marin Software provides a leading Revenue Acquisition Management platform used by advertisers and agencies to manage more than $5 billion in annualized ad spend. Offering an integrated platform for search, display, social, and mobile marketing, Marin helps advertisers and brands improve financial performance, save time, and make better decisions. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices worldwide, Marin's technology powers marketing campaigns in more than 160 countries. For more information about Marin's products, please visit: http://www.marinsoftware.com/solutions/overview.
LiveRamp is the leading data onboarder, empowering marketers to use their customer database in their choice of online marketing platforms for targeting, ROI measurement, content optimization, and more. LiveRamp offers 1-to-1 exact user matching while retaining the highest match rates in the industry and is the only company solely focused on onboarding data safely, securely, and accurately. For more information on LiveRamp, please visit: http://www.LiveRamp.com
- Technology & Electronics
- Marin Software