SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 21, 2013) - Marin Software (
- Nearly two thirds of clicks on the first-page of search ads occur on the top position. With highly competitive keywords, advertisers must constantly monitor bids and manually fend off competitors vying for top ad positions. In an environment where hundreds of millions of auctions transpire every hour, manually adjusting bids to meet aggressive position requirements is nearly impossible and a time sink.
- To assist advertisers in their efforts to maintain a certain ad position, Marin Software developed PositionLock. This new technology provides search marketers additional control over revenue outcomes by sensing shifts in ad position and automatically changing keyword bids to preserve an advertisers' ad position.
- Before adjusting bids, Marin PositionLock captures position data at a keyword level hourly and analyzes the data based on user-defined position goals. To achieve a desired position, historical performance and auction conditions are continuously factored into bid calculations, which are quickly pushed to the ad publisher. The result, a competitive advantage.
- Marin PositionLock was developed through Marin Labs, a multi-disciplinary team of search, display, social and mobile experts focused on finding innovative solutions to complex digital marketing problems.
- Marketers interested in learning more about PositionLock should contact Marin Software at:
- "The top ad position is as much about performance marketing as it is about branding. Advertisers not only enjoy an increase in clicks but also incremental view-through traffic," said Matt Ackley, chief marketing officer at Marin Software. "A drop in position, particularly with highly competitive keywords, could carry a meaningful impact on revenue. PositionLock lets marketers maintain a degree of control previously unavailable to them, and is the latest in Marin Software's continual effort to empower advertisers with game-changing technology."
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding the launch of PositionLock and the impact to advertisers of using PositionLock. These forward-looking statements are subject to the safe harbor provisions created by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to (i) errors or defects related to PositionLock, (ii) errors in or misinterpretation or misunderstanding of our advice in connection with our services and platform features; and (iii) material defects in our platform, service interruptions at our data center or breaches in our security measures. These forward looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to uncertainties and changes in condition, significance, value and effect as well as other risks detailed in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our most recent reports on Form 10-Q and current reports on Form 8-K that we may file from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. Marin Software assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
About Marin Software:
Marin Software provides a leading Revenue Acquisition Management platform used by advertisers and agencies to manage more than $5 billion in annualized ad spend. Offering an integrated platform for search, display, social, and mobile marketing, Marin Software helps advertisers and brands improve financial performance, save time, and make better decisions. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices worldwide, Marin Software's technology powers marketing campaigns in more than 160 countries. For more information about Marin Software's products, please visit: http://www.marinsoftware.com/solutions/overview.
- Information Technology
- Marin Software