AP Images/ASSOCIATED PRESS
Mark Zuckerberg met his wife Priscilla Chan in college at a fraternity party. They were both in line for the bathroom.
Zuckerberg then took her on a date. Chan recalled the line he dropped on her to "Today's" Savannah Guthrie:
"On our first date, he told me that he'd rather go on a date with me than finish his take-home midterm," she said.
Chan, who was studious and got voted "class genius" in high school, says " the type-A first child in me was appalled."
When they met, Chan says Zuckerberg thought he might get kicked out of school for a prank he pulled (the prank was likely "Face Mash," a hot-or-not for students on campus), so she thought he was kind of a slacker.
Apparently, she got over it. The pair got married right after Facebook went public.
More From Business Insider
- Instagram Isn't Just A Fast-Growing Social Network, It's Also Getting People To Stick Around
- Facebook Is Worried The EU Will Gum Up Its $19 Billion WhatsApp Acquisition
- How To Take A Killer Photo For Your Online Profile
- One Guy In San Francisco Hopes You'll Join His New 'Start-Up' Religion Where Mark Zuckerberg Is God
- CHARTS: The Most Important Social Networks To B2C And B2B Marketers
- Arts & Entertainment
- Mark Zuckerberg
- Priscilla Chan