PEWAUKEE, Wis., April 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for riding season, Markel Motorcycle Insurance has introduced rating changes on motorcycle insurance that have resulted in lower rates for most riders in the state of Pennsylvania. "We look for opportunities to decrease rates when we can, not only because it makes us more competitively priced, but because it's the right thing to do for our customers," said Audrey Hanken, President of Markel Personal Lines. "We are pleased to offer this opportunity for Pennsylvania motorcyclists to put a little bit of money back in their pockets, so they can worry less about finances and focus more on experiencing the open road."
Markel's rate change became effective on March 1, 2014. The new rates will also be applicable to current qualified Markel Motorcycle Insurance customers, who will see the rate take effect at their next renewal.
Markel also highlights other easy ways to save on insurance premiums that any rider can take advantage of:
- Increase Deductibles – By increasing insurance deductibles – say from $500 to $1,000 - policyholders can save on premium. But they should remember, by doing this, they are committing to pay more out of their own pocket if they were to have a claim.
- Take a Safety Course – Taking a safety course, even if the rider has taken one before and needs a refresher, is always a smart move. As an added benefit to riding safe, Markel offers a discount for motorcyclists who have successfully completed an approved safety course, such as those offered by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. Motorcycle owners can find the classes available in their area at www.msf-usa.org.
- Transfer from Another Insurance Company – Markel offers a discount just for switching from another insurer! Is there a simpler way to save?
- Quote Early – Riders can get a discount for being financially responsible and purchasing their insurance policy up to 60 days in advance of the policy effective date.
- Take Advantage of Diminishing Deductibles - At Markel, motorcyclists are rewarded for being a safe rider with a 25% reduction in their deductible for each year that they go accident-free — after four years of safe driving, the deductible disappears!
In addition to providing riders with ways to save on motorcycle insurance, Markel focuses on being the insurance company that uses Common Sense, where exceptional customer and claims service are at the center of their business model. "The feedback we hear from our customers is overwhelmingly positive – whether it be from a long time customer, or a new customer with a claim," Hanken continues. "It makes us proud. Providing the customer with a positive experience is definitely our priority."
To get a free, no obligation quote for Motorcycle Insurance with Markel in Pennsylvania, please visit www.MarkelInsuresFun.com or call a Markel Motorcycle Insurance Specialist at 1-800-236-2453. Markel also specializes in insurance protection for ATVs, Snowmobiles, Bicycles, Events, and Weddings.
Please note: Insurance rates can vary based many different factors such as motorcycle type, rider characteristics, and location. Not all customers may receive a lower rate. Discount availability may also vary by state. Please quote online or on the phone for insurance rates and discounts specific to you and your motorcycle.
About Markel Specialty
Markel Specialty, a division of Markel Corporation, provides innovative insurance solutions for both commercial customers and individuals. Types of insurance offered include property & casualty, workers' compensation, accident, and programs featuring industry or risk-specific coverage packages.
About Markel Corporation
Markel Corporation is a diverse financial holding company serving a variety of niche markets. The Company's principal business markets and underwrites specialty insurance products. In each of the Company's businesses, it seeks to provide quality products and excellent customer service so that it can be a market leader. The financial goals of the Company are to earn consistent underwriting and operating profits and superior investment returns to build shareholder value. Visit Markel Corporation on the web at markelcorp.com.
- Auto Insurance
- Markel Corporation