NEW YORK, Oct. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Market Focus: Trends and Developments in the Bakery and Cereals Sector in Brazil
This report provides a concise overview of the Bakery & Cereals market in Brazil. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Brazilian Bakery & Cereals sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Price appreciation, due to rising input prices, is likely to result in higher revenue growth in the Baking Ingredients and Baking Mixes categories during 2012–2017. Meanwhile, volume growth will remain subdued in these categories, as baking at home is not as popular in Brazil when compared to Europe and America.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Brazil's middle income class population currently account for around half the country's population. Rising levels of real income in this section of the population have resulted in significant changes in consumer spending on retail items, including Food &Grocery and Foodservices.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Brazilian Bakery & Cereals sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across 11 Bakery & Cereal categories and their packaging.
Key Features and Benefits
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Bakery & Cereals sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of 11 Bakery & Cereal categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private label across Bakery & Cereals categories.
An overview of packaging trends in the Brazilian Bakery & Cereals sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key Market Issues
Brazilian consumers prefer to purchase bakery products, such as Bread & Rolls and Cakes & Pastries, from Food & Drinks Specialists. A considerable amount of these are artisanal products.
Women consume more Bakery & Cereals products by volume than men. The male market is concentrated amongst Older consumers and the Kids & Babies categories, whilst Early Young Adults and Pre-Mid-Lifers, among Females consumers, enjoy Bakery & Cereal products more than other female age groups.
Health concerns means that Older Consumers eat Bakery & Cereals most often; marketers need to target this category with healthier products.
The most important motivation, by far, is Better Value for Money. This tracks products chosen to meet individual consumer's desires for better value for money from their purchases of Bakery & Cereals.
With increased economic prosperity and wealth, there has been significant change in the consumer behavior of the Brazilian consumers who have imbibed a more individualistic consumer outlook.
Increased purchasing power has resulted in a greater number of Brazilian consumers opting to trade up in value from Artisanal, to packaged Bakery products.
Brazil presents one of the largest private label bakery markets in the Latin American region, as a result of its highly concentrated retail market and consumers' preference for budget products.
Brazilians typically have a high calorie food habit. Health issues and a desire for low calorie food have led to a significant rise in demand for Cereal Bars which provide low, no, or reduced calories and fats.
Rapid growth in the Bakery & Cereals sector in Brazil will drive demand of packaging materials, as it is one of largest consumer packaged food sectors. Demand for Flexible Plastic packaging will maintain its lead as the most commonly used packaging material between 2012 and 2017.
Table of Contents
- Stable economic growth, large share of young population, and easy consumer credit availability are driving growth in Brazil's retail sector
- The high urbanization rate and an increase in the middle income population, favor growth in organized retail in Brazil
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, followed by Food and Drinks Specialists, account for majority of packaged Bakery and Cereal sales in Brazil
- The increased wealth and prosperity of Brazil's middle class population is driving growth in new food and beverage categories, and in Foodservice
- Female consumers have higher consumption share of Bakery and Cereals products
- The frequency of consumption for Bakery and Cereals is highest amongst Older consumers in Brazil
- Value proposition is the most influential factor for Brazilians in their Bakery and Cereals purchases
Personal space and time and Busy Lives are other major trends in Bakery and Cereals market Sector Analysis
- Bread and Rolls and Cookies(Sweet Biscuits) is driving growth in the Bakery and Cereals sector
- Bread and Rolls to gain significant market share during 2012-2017
- Rising obesity and new launches to drive growth in Breakfast Cereals and Cereal Bars category in Brazil
Brands and Private Labels
- Private Label penetration is highest in the Morning Goods category
- Private Label Cookies (Sweet Biscuits) is the fastest growing category
- Bakery products are driving demand for Flexible Packaging Bags and Sachets
- Flexible packaging to increase its share as the most preferred packaging material for Bakery and Cereals
Future Outlook- four key trends in Brazil's Bakery and Cereals sector
- Consumers trading up from artisanal to packaged bakery products
- Increased demand for healthier food
- Focus on natural and organic products
- Demand for smaller and re-sealable packaged goods on the rise
Data Appendix and Summary Methodology
Dona Benta , Royal , Dr. Oetker , Fleischmann's , Bauducco , Wickbold , Kellogg's ,Quaker ,
To order this report: Market Focus: Trends and Developments in the Bakery and Cereals Sector in Brazil
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
- Consumer Discretionary
- Commodity Markets