REUTERS/Carlos BarriaIt's all green early in the European trading session.
England's FTSE 100 is up 1.0%.
France's CAC 40 is up 1.0%.
Germany's DAX is up 1.2%.
Spain's IBEX is up 0.7%.
Italy's FTSE MIB is up 1.0%.
Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke ignited a rally a little after the U.S. market close. During the Q&A of a speech he gave at an NBER conference in Massachusetts, Bernanke took a decidedly dovish tone.
Here were two key takeaways from Business Insider's Matthew Boesler:
- Just because the Fed may begin tapering soon, interest rates will still be pinned at current ultra-low levels for a long time.
- Bernanke said that the unemployment rate – a key indicator that will determine the future path of Fed monetary policy – probably understates the weakness in the U.S. labor market.
Futures surged on the news. Dow futures are up a solid 140 points.
More From Business Insider
- Stocks Are At Their Highs Of The Day — Dow Up 125
- BONDS TANK AFTER JOBS REPORT: 10-Year Yield Soars To 2.7%
- STOCKS JUMP, GOLD TUMBLES, INTEREST RATES RISE AFTER JOBS REPORT
- Stocks & Offerings
- Ben Bernanke