However, those gains are now gone, and the S&P 500 is currently flat, trading at 1555.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average is down about 0.1%, trading at 14,530.
Right now, gold is up 2%, trading around $1423 an ounce, but it's been falling for the last few hours since hitting a high of $1438.80 earlier. WTI crude oil is up 0.3%, trading around $88.55 a barrel, but is also trending downward this morning.
European stock markets are still in the green across the board, with Italy and Spain leading the way, up 1.8% and 1.6%, respectively.
More From Business Insider
- ANALYST: All My Clients Are Wondering If What Happened To Gold Happens To Stocks Next
- Stocks Tank In After-Hours Trading
- Now Stocks Are Getting Slammed Too — Dow Off 185
- Investment & Company Information
- Dow Jones Industrial Average