Right now, stocks are just off their highs of the day, but markets have been climbing throughout most of the afternoon.
The S&P 500 is trading right at 1500, up 0.4 percent on the day and about two points lower than the highs made around 2:45 PM ET.
The all-time high on the index was 1565, made on October 9, 2007.
Below is a chart showing the Thursday and Friday trading sessions:
Meanwhile, the Dow Jones Industrial Average is up 0.35 percent, trading at 13,874. The Dow closed at an all-time high of 14,164 on October 9, 2007 and hit an intra-day high of 14,198 on October 11, 2007.
More From Business Insider
- DEUTSCHE BANK: These Are The 30 Best Stocks Right Now
- A Frustrating Trend In The Stock Market Continues To Break The Bears' Hearts
- One Bit Of Good News In What's Turning Out To Be A Gloomy Earnings Season
- Investment & Company Information
- Dow Jones Industrial Average