SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire -03/06/12)- Mashery, a leader in API (Application Programming Interface) management and strategic services, today announced the return of its popular Circus Mashimus lounge at the SXSW Interactive Festival in Austin, Texas from March 9 - 13, 2012. Circus Mashimus combines demos of the latest in API innovations with the opportunity for attendees and application developers to compete for prizes and recognition of the greatest mobile apps.
The Big Top
Mashery is continuing the tradition of providing attendees the top destination in the Austin Convention Center, where visitors are encouraged to use the Circus Mashimus lounge to hold meetings, network, power up electronic devices and learn how the top brands in retail, media and more are using API's to scale their business. Circus Mashimus is conveniently located in Room 3 on the first floor of the convention center.
Spectacular Side Shows and Sponsors
Circus Mashimus also is a prime spot for innovators attending SXSW interactive. Whether visitors are entrepreneurs, developers or designers, they can use Circus Mashimus to network with forward thinking thought leaders in API technology and learn how to extend business to mobile devices, affiliates and the Internet of things. Circus Mashimus sponsors are hand picked each year to showcase the best API platforms and app development examples. This year's sponsors include:
- BodyMedia - Utilizing wearable body monitoring technology, the BodyMedia system provides highly accurate information on activity, calories and sleep patterns. The BodyMedia API allows access to the data that drives the BodyMedia system -- the world's largest collection of freeliving data.
- ESPN - Launching its API Program and Developer Center, making elements of its content and data available for use by developers in products and services serving sports fans wherever they consume sports content.
- Flipboard - Transforming how people discover and share content by combining the beauty and ease of print with the power of social media. Flipboard's social magazine for iPad™ and iPhone™ uses APIs from ESPN, The Guardian and USA TODAY to bring to life the stories, photos, news and updates being shared across Twitter and Facebook in a magazine-like format.
- Klout - The standard for influence, which analyzes public data across social networks and enables brands to curate, leverage, display, and measure influence with the Klout API.
- Rovi - Allows developers to quickly build and enhance products using its APIs for real-time access to relevant entertainment metadata, recommendations, search, and related capabilities.
- The Guardian - Uses its Open Platform to enable partners with mutual revenue-generating opportunities, by building applications using government and politics content and data.
- USA TODAY - Showing a just-released new iPhone and iPod touch app, powered by USA TODAY's API. Visitors can stop by for a raffle while checking out USA TODAY's new user experience for mobile phones, and see how to consume the API for themselves.
- Whit.li - Launching at Circus Mashimus, Whit.li enables trust between consumers in C2C transactions. The Whit.li API compares demographics, interests, relative conscientiousness, agreeability and other traits of the personalities on both sides of a C2C transaction to ensure the most positive customer experience.
A Circus within a Circus
This year also marks the return of AppCircus, a unique global traveling competition of the most creative and innovative apps. AppCircus will reveal the best mobile app of 2011 on Monday, when developer finalists take the stage to present their app during AppCircus' final judging round, starting at 2 pm CT.
Visitors will also have the chance Monday to see apps that have presented at the Mobile Premier awards and AppCircus winners from 2011, as well as the latest apps applying to pitch for this event.
This year, judges include Anoop Ranganath, Lead iPhone Developer at foursquare; Matthew Wilson, Marketing Manager at Rovio Mobile Ltd; Neil Mansilla, Developer Advocate at Mashery API Network; Stacey Higginbotham, Senior Writer at GigaOm; Gianfranco Chicco, Chief Dreamer Officer at Conference Basics and Adam DuVander, Executive Editor at Programmable Web.
Come One, Come All
In addition to the participant demos in the lounge, guests can also step right up for daily morning innovations and libations, plus various happy hours and snack sessions throughout the week.
Visit Circus Mashimus starting Friday at 1 PM, then between 9 AM - 6 PM daily, beginning with a morning Bloody Mary Bar sponsored by Rovi, giveaways and raffles throughout the day and into a happy hour from 4 - 6 PM. Saturday from 11 AM - 2 PM attendees can pose for photos on Flipboard's famous Red Couch. Guests can also relax and read the latest SXSW happenings by media sponsor SAY Media's ReadWriteWeb.
Mashery, the world's leading provider of API technology and services, helps more than 150 top brands -- including USA TODAY, Hoover's, Klout, Associated Press, RDIO and Expedia -- build digital distribution platforms that open new distribution channels, speed time-to-market, and spur innovation. Mashery takes a holistic approach to APIs -- from crafting platform strategy and setting business objectives, to managing API delivery and facilitating relationships with a network of 135,000 developers. Mashery was founded in 2006.