DALLAS, Aug. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Match.com, the world's largest dating website, teamed up with Spotify to uncover what artists and music today's singles are tuning in to when gearing up for date night. Match.com surveyed more than 1,100 singles with 78% divulging that music is an integral part of their date-night prep, from rhyming with Robin Thicke to rockin' out to the Rolling Stones.
There are no blurred lines as to who holds the keys to the hearts of female singles. Robin Thicke dominated the survey in multiple categories, from the hottest summer anthem to the go-to artist women play to get pumped up for a date. Perhaps the most surprising results revealed were people's unwavering affinity for the classics. Both men and women crowned Marvin Gaye the reigning king of the sexiest songs to play on a date, with the ladies and gents revealing a shared love for classic rock as the genre they are most turned on by while on a date.
Below are some of the top "hits" from the survey:
- Music is a Pre-date Must: 78% of single men and women state that music is a crucial part of their pre-date ritual.
- Music to Primp To: When asked what type of music they prefer listening to while getting ready for a date, 57% of men chose classic rock, while the majority of women (54%) preferred pop music/top 40 hits.
- Classic Moves: 49% of men and 39% of women said they found classic rock to be a turn-on for their dates to play in the background to set the mood.
- Mood Music: While 49% of men choose to listen to classic crooner Barry White when getting pumped up for a date, 44% of women chose sexy current artists like Robin Thicke and Maroon 5.
- Mood Killers: Both men and women agreed that rap, country and heavy metal music are no-no's on a date.
- Music Idols: 49% of men channel suave Justin Timberlake when embarking on a first date, while the majority of women (26%) channel self-empowering P!nk.
- Which Artist is Crushing it? 40% of guys named Taylor Swift as their music crush, who received more than double the votes of her nearest competitor, Rihanna (19%). Women are currently crushing on Robin Thicke (32%).
Match.com has taken the findings shared in the survey to create All Amped Up: The Single Best List of Pre-date Anthems on Spotify:
- JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE - SUIT & TIE
- P!NK - RAISE YOUR GLASS
- RIHANNA - WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?
- MAROON 5 - LOVE SOMEBODY
- KELLY CLARKSON - STRONGER
- AEROSMITH - SWEET EMOTION
- PITBULL AND CHRISTINA AGUILERA - FEEL THIS MOMENT
- MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - CAN'T HOLD US
- JOURNEY - DON'T STOP BELIEVING
- ROBIN THICKE - BLURRED LINES
- MUMFORD & SONS - I WILL WAIT
- TAYLOR SWIFT - LOVE STORY
- DAFT PUNK - GET LUCKY
- ROLLING STONES - BROWN SUGAR
- BARRY WHITE - CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOUR LOVE, BABE
- MARVIN GAYE - SEXUAL HEALING
For additional insights on music and dating, visit http://blog.match.com/matchmusic
Founded in 1995, Match.com was the original dating website and pioneer of the online dating industry. Today, 18 years later, Match.com operates leading subscription-based online dating sites in 25 countries, 8 languages and across five continents and is responsible for more dates, relationships and marriages than any other website. Match.com is an operating business of IAC (IACI) and is headquartered in Dallas, Texas. For more information, visit http://www.match.com.
Spotify is an award-winning digital music service that gives you on-demand access to over 20 million tracks. Our dream is to make all the world's music available instantly to everyone, wherever and whenever they want it. Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage and share music with your friends, while making sure that artists get a fair deal.
Spotify is available in 28 markets: USA, UK, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, France, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, The Netherlands, Spain, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Luxembourg, Italy, Portugal, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Iceland and Mexico, with more than 24 million active users, and over 6 million paying subscribers. Since its launch in Sweden in 2008, Spotify has driven more than half a billion US dollars to rights holders, and aims to drive another half a billion US dollars to rights holders during 2013. Spotify is already the second biggest source of digital music revenue for labels in Europe (IFPI, 2011) and the biggest and most successful music streaming service of its kind globally.
- Arts & Entertainment
- Robin Thicke