WAYNE, PA and WASHINGTON, DC--(Marketwired - Apr 11, 2013) - Medecision, the leader in connected care solutions for risk-bearing entities like ACOs, hospitals and health plans, kicked off its 'Breakthrough 2013' Client Forum today at the St. Regis in Washington, D.C. More than 100 healthcare leaders from hospitals, health plans, TPAs, IPAs and ACOs gathered at this invitation-only event to assess strategies and help prioritize technology platform capabilities to more effectively manage population health. The annual conference is part of the Company's commitment to help its customers tackle the problems of inefficiency and financial risk in healthcare caused by disconnected systems and misaligned incentives.
"Medecision has invested heavily over the last couple of years in the technology platform to Connect Care Everywhere -- enabling multi-data, bidirectional exchange of information among all industry stakeholders," said Deborah M. Gage, president and CEO, Medecision. "This is the forum in which our customers, who represent all parts of the healthcare ecosystem, come together to learn from each other and envision the next generation of solutions to support connected healthcare."
Medecision's Client Forum offered healthcare leaders perspectives and strategies for deploying innovative technologies needed to 'Connect Care Everywhere' and prompted discussion on how to chart a course for unprecedented improvements for all.
- featured specialized sessions to explore the platform requirements of 'Connected Care Everywhere,' including developments in accountable care, requirements of healthcare exchanges and organizations transforming their business model from fee-for-service to pay-for-performance
- addressed growing collaboration as risk shifts between healthcare payers and providers amid intensifying demand to reduce cost and improve quality of care delivery
- brought together health plan, medical practice and hospital executives to examine opportunities in the individual, Medicare and Medicaid markets, as well as the heightened importance of a highly connective, broad platform for specific needs of population health management and emerging consumerism
- offered attendees an exclusive look at prototype applications focused on consumer health engagement in a connected care ecosystem
- centered around Medecision's Customer Advisory Program (MedCAP) -- peer-to-peer sessions focused on the exchange of insights to help form next-generation capabilities
The event kicked off with powerful keynotes focused on breakthrough potential. Shawn Achor, author of international bestseller, "The Happiness Advantage," enlightened the audience on how to embrace breakthrough possibilities where human potential, success and happiness intersect. James O. Prochaska, Ph.D., renowned originator of the Transtheoretical Model of Behavior Change and the author of more than 300 papers on behavior change for health promotion and disease prevention, examined how treatment programs tailored to each individual help change behavior via effective consumer engagement and accountability to enhance health, reduce healthcare costs and deliver a significant return on investment.
To learn more, visit www.medecisionclientforum.com.
Medecision is the leading provider of connected care technology and services for risk-bearing healthcare organizations including health plans, hospitals, thousands of physicians, and millions of consumers. Working within the framework that patients, care providers, and health plans are all driving towards better health outcomes, Medecision and its Aerial™ solution help connect all stakeholders to liberate the highest quality and most cost-efficient care.
As more organizations transition to accountable care and delegated risk management, Medecision continually applies its 25 years of experience, its comprehensive technology platforms, significant investments in research and development, and the broadest implementation and clinical expertise to ensure consumers receive the best possible care. With Medecision as a business partner, health plans and care providers confidently manage through market changes, regulatory updates, and new populations, while improving quality and reducing costs.