SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwire - Jan 31, 2013) - What: As the sole source of immediate and data-backed insight into Super Bowl viewers' most-watched commercials and moments*, TiVo Research and Analytics, Inc. (TRA), a wholly-owned subsidiary of TiVo Inc. (
TiVo's 2013 Super Bowl audience measurement report will:
- Rank the top 10 most-engaging commercials of Super Bowl XLVII
- Recap the most watched and re-watched moments of the game
- Analyze viewership of the highly anticipated halftime show, headlined by Beyoncé and a Destiny's Child reunion performance
Food and beverage brand commercials have been the most watched ads in six of the last 10 Super Bowls. TiVo's top commercials from the past ten Super Bowls are:
- 2003: Reebok - "Office Linebacker Terry Tate"
- 2004: Anheuser-Busch (Bud Light) - "Sleigh Ride"
- 2005: Emerald Nuts - "Unicorn"
- 2006: Ameriquest - "Friendly Skies"
- 2007: Anheuser-Busch (Bud Light) - "Language Course with Carlos Mencia"
- 2008: E*Trade - "Baby"
- 2009: GoDaddy.com - "Enhanced?"
- 2010: Doritos - "House Rules"
- 2011: Snickers - "Logging"
- 2012: Doritos - "Man's Best Friend"
Who: Tara Maitra, Senior Vice President, General Manager, Content and Media Sales, TiVo Inc.
When: Maitra is available for comment and further insight Monday, February 4, 2013, beginning at 7:00 a.m. EST. To arrange an interview or to receive the TiVo Super Bowl report, please email email@example.com.
*TRA's audience measurement analysis is based on aggregated data from a sample of approximately 30,000 anonymous households with the Emmy-award winning TiVo service. TRA viewership information gauges the interest in programming content by measuring the percentage of the TiVo audience watching in "play" speed. The most engaging ads are determined by looking for spots with the biggest bump in viewership relative to the surrounding 15 minutes of programming, offering a true reflection of change in viewership.
About TiVo Research and Analytics, Inc. (TRA)
TiVo Research and Analytics, Inc. (TRA), a subsidiary of TiVo Inc., is a leading media marketing and analytics software company whose products help advertisers, agencies and television networks improve advertising targeting, accountability and return on media investment within the Automotive, Consumer Packaged Goods, and Pharmaceutical industries, as well as a growing number of client CRM engagements. TRA's web-based Media TRAnalytics® platform matches the TV advertising households actually receive with the products the same households actually buy, enabling TRA clients to find "The Right Audience®" while providing an unmatched level of transparency, measurement, media planning/selling and improved ROI. TRA clients include Procter and Gamble, CBS, A&E Television Networks, ION Media, Oscar Mayer and Starcom MediaVest Group. More information at: www.traglobal.com.
About TiVo Inc.
Founded in 1997, TiVo Inc. (
- Arts & Entertainment