When: June 23 – 26, 2014
Where: Gaylord National, National Harbor, MD
Details: In its 20th year, the Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit offers six complete programs and nearly 150 sessions delivered by more than 50 Gartner analysts, all focusing on the theme Smart Risk: Balancing Security and Opportunity. Each session will delve in to the latest strategies and best practices for maintaining an effective balance between risk and opportunity to mitigate security threats.
The event features:
- Analyst-moderated user roundtables, user case studies and workshops and solution provider sessions
- New research, trend updates, best practices, Magic Quadrants, long-range scenarios
- Continuing professional education where you can earn CPE credits toward ISC2, ISACA, and DRII Certification programs
- New Gartner for Technical Professional (GTP) track that takes a deep dive into the latest technical issues related to IT security and risk management
- Industry forums with content focused on healthcare, financial services, government, manufacturing, energy/utilities and education
- New! CISO Circle, an invitation-only program featuring advanced insight and C-level networking
- An all expenses paid Invitational Program available to a limited number of qualified CISOs.
*Guest Keynote: Gen. Keith B. Alexander, USA (Ret.) Commander, U.S. Cyber Command from 2010-2014, and Director, National Security Agency/Chief, Central Security Service from 2005-2014
*Guest Keynote: PETER H. DIAMANDIS, MD: Chairman and CEO of the X PRIZE Foundation; Co-Founder and Vice-Chairman of Human Longevity Inc; Co-Founder/Co-Chairman of Planetary Resources; and New York Times Bestselling author of Abundance – The Future Is Better Than You Think.
*Gartner Opening Keynote - Smart Risk: Balancing Security & Opportunity: John Girard, Gartner VP & Distinguished Analyst
*Gartner Keynote: The Wolf in CIO’s Clothing: A Machiavellian Strategy for Successful IT Leadership Tina Nunno, Vice President and Gartner Fellow
The latest security and risk management tools will be demonstrated by over 120 companies that will be exhibiting at the conference. A listing of current sponsors is available on the Exhibitors page at http://www.gartner.com/technology/summits/na/security/exhibitor-directory.jsp.
For complete event details, please visit the Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit Web site at www.gartner.com/us/securityrisk.
Join the discussion on Twitter using #GartnerSEC.
Members of the media can register for the event by contacting Christy Pettey at email@example.com
Gartner, Inc. (IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. Gartner delivers the technology-related insight necessary for its clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, Gartner is a valuable partner in more than 14,000 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, Gartner works with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 6,100 associates, including more than 1,460 research analysts and consultants, and clients in 85 countries. For more information, visit www.gartner.com.
Christy Pettey, 408-709-8220