DETROIT, MI--(Marketwire - Oct 11, 2012) - Tony King-Smith, Vice President of Marketing, Imagination Technologies (www.imgtec.com), will be one of the keynote panelists next week at SAE Convergence 2012.
Mr. King-Smith will join senior executives from General Motors (which is hosting SAE Convergence), Ford Motor Company, Toyota and IBM to discuss 'How Do We Advance Disruptive Technologies in Vehicle Platforms?' on Tuesday, Oct. 16, 4:10 PM, at the Cobo Center in downtown Detroit.
SAE Convergence 2012 is held every two years. The conference brings together technology leaders worldwide to address the impact of electronics on mobility and issues affecting implementing new technology in automobiles. Key areas covered include intelligent systems, electronic systems for vehicle propulsion, infotainment, disruptive technologies, megatrends and active safety.
Some of the questions that Mr. King-Smith will address will include:
- How will smartphones and tablets affect automotive systems?
- What makes cars truly 'connected'?
- How will this affect end user and after-market personalization?
- Is car radio going to become extinct or undergo a renaissance?
- Will cars get smarter or dumber?
- What can automotive systems designers learn from smartphones?
Imagination Technologies Group plc (