REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Aug 21, 2013) - Oracle (
Realizing the customer online experience would be a key driver for the next level of growth, leading healthcare product supplier Medline Industries, Inc. undertook a large-scale Web site redesign with Oracle Commerce. Instead of a "one-size-fits-all" Web site for an increasingly diverse range of customers in the healthcare industry, the newly-deployed site provides users with personalized content and experiences upon each and every visit.
- Oracle today announced that Medline Industries, Inc., the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare products in the U.S., has implemented Oracle's ATG Web Commerce 10.1, a core component of Oracle Commerce, to deliver a new website experience for customers and their individual healthcare market segment.
- Serving a wide variety of customers, ranging from large hospital networks and long-term care facilities to small physician offices and hospice care agencies, Medline was challenged with delivering a better customer experience from a "one-size-fits-all" Web site.
- With the core business goals to personalize the online experience for each user segment and drive increased sales and customer retention and satisfaction, Medline chose Oracle Commerce for significant new enhancements and changes to its Web site.
- Medline utilized the personalization features of Oracle Commerce to provide a tailored experience, beginning with a market selector upon visitors' initial entry to the site that captures and stores their market preference in a profile and drives decisions about the right content to be delivered then and in subsequent visits.
- Each visitor segment is automatically delivered a segment-specific home page experience, with news releases, clinical solutions and supply solutions filtered to present the most relevant content for their role and business interests.
- Medline has been an Oracle Commerce customer since 2010. It has gone through two significant implementation phases, the second of which went live March 2013.
- "As a global company with more than 350,000 products that serves the entire continuum of care, Medline and its online customer experience was not where we needed it to be," said Michael McMahon, Vice President of E-Commerce for Medline. "Oracle's ATG Web Commerce 10.1 provided the capabilities and personalization required for the diversity of our products and customer base. The Web site experience now meets our goals and, most importantly, delivers a better experience for our customers."
- "We are thrilled to work with Medline and help drive business results and provide a new, more personalized approach to their customer experiences online," said Ken Volpe, senior vice president, Oracle Commerce product development. "Medline is a leader in the healthcare industry, and we are pleased to see the increased consumer and business value as a result of Oracle Commerce products."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.