NEW HOPE, PA--(Marketwire - Nov 27, 2012) - MeetMe (
"We continue to see record levels of US daily active users and are excited to launch Photoboard on iPad," said Catherine Cook, VP Brand Strategy, MeetMe, Inc. "Our survey shows that not only do the majority of our members meet in person, but also that they meet in person at the same rate whether they live in an urban area or in a rural community. This statistic confirms our belief that for a meeting network to be successful, it needs to work both locally and hyperlocally. Photoboard enables both local and hyperlocal meetings by showing people right nearby as well as a short drive away."
Some of the notable statistics from the survey of more than 2,000 people administered last month include:
- 59% of MeetMe members meet in person.
- MeetMe members meet in person at the same rate, whether they live in a rural area or the city.
- More than half of members communicate for a month or more before meeting in person.
- 55% of members will travel more than 30 minutes to meet someone.
- 90% of members have made a new friend on MeetMe -- 37% have made a best friend.
"We were pleased that the majority of people who meet in real life communicate on MeetMe for a month or more first," added Cook. "We have found mobile communication to serve as the key filter for determining whom to meet. The average active user each month spends 9.2 hours on Android, 5.75 hours on iPhone, 4.5 hours on iPad and 3.25 hours on the Web. Mobile continues to be the ideal platform for meeting new people and plays naturally to our strengths in sharing photos and discovering the people nearby while on the go."
About MeetMe, Inc.
MeetMe® is the leading social network for meeting new people in the US and the public market leader for social discovery (