LOS ANGELES, May 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Scorching hot temperatures mixed with Santa Ana winds and dry brush from California's drought have sparked multiple fires throughout northern San Diego County, Lompoc, Santa Paula, North Hills, Long Beach and Anaheim. The fires have forced homeowners to evacuate and Mercury Insurance is ready to assist policyholders who have had to leave their homes or whose property has suffered fire damage. Mercury representatives are available to help with claims (http://www.mercuryinsurance.com/insurance-claims/how-to-file-insurance-claim.html), arrange for temporary housing and provide assistance with living expenses if policyholders suffer a covered loss or were forced to evacuate.
"This wildfire season in California is already showing its teeth, but we're ready for it," said Mercury's Chief Claims Officer Doug Menges. "The Mercury claims team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help customers. Policyholders affected by these fires should call the Mercury Claims Hotline at (800) 503-3724 and we'll do everything we can to help get their lives back to normal as quickly as possible."
The fires have already burned nearly 10,000 acres and forced approximately 23,000 residents to leave their homes, and are still uncontained.
Californians can help spread this message by following @MercuryIns on Twitter and ReTweet: "Mercury policyholders impacted by the #SoCalFires call (800) 503-3724 to file a claim ASAP."
Menges advises policyholders follow a few simple procedures to help the claims process.
When filing a claim
- Contact Mercury immediately to report your loss.
- Be prepared to provide your policy number.
- Do not remove debris or damaged property that may be related to your claim.
Steps after filing a claim
- Prepare a detailed inventory of destroyed or damaged property.
- Offer photos or video tapes of your home and possessions to your adjuster, if these are available.
- Keep copies of communications between you and your adjuster.
- Keep records and receipts for additional living expenses that were incurred if you were forced to leave your home and provide copies to your adjuster.
ABOUT MERCURY INSURANCE (www.mercuryinsurance.com)
Mercury Insurance (MCY) is a multiple-line insurance organization predominantly offering personal automobile and homeowners insurance through a network of independent agents in Florida, Georgia, California, New Jersey, Arizona, New York, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, Texas, Oklahoma, Virginia and Pennsylvania. Since 1962, Mercury has specialized in offering quality insurance at affordable prices – core values that distinguish Mercury in the marketplace.
- Natural Phenomena
- Mercury Insurance
- homeowners insurance