Meredith Whitney's new hedge fund, Kenbelle Capital, will aim for returns of 12%-17% according to an investor presentation seen by Bloomberg.
Whitney, known for her bearish call on Cit right as the financial crisis set in, closed her brokerage and opened a hedge fund with Stephen M. Schwartz (a Guggenheim and SAC Capital vet) this summer.
Whitney’s fund, American Revival Fund LP, seeks to profit from what she predicts will be the next cycle of growth in “America’s Heartland,” according to the presentation.
The fund started trading on November 1st. We're not sure of its AUM, but we do know the fund has $50 million from Bluecrest Capital Management, which has $35 billion AUM.
We'll see how it goes.
More From Business Insider
- TRADER: I've Witnessed Dan Loeb Get Nasty — And That's How His Sotheby's Investment May Get
- A Massive Company Just Rolled Over For Carl Icahn And Its Stock Is Trading Up
- How To Hire For Your Brand New Hedge Fund
- Private Equity & Hedge Funds
- Investment & Company Information
- Meredith Whitney