Here's what we know about the next Xbox so far:
- It'll reportedly require an Internet connection to play games. The console won't let you play if you lose the connection or can't access one.
- It will link to your cable box via an HDMI cable and add an Xbox layer on top of your regular cable menu. It's very similar to the way Google TV works.
- There have also been reports of a second Xbox, a stripped down version that will let you stream content from services like Netflix and HBO GO and play simple downloadable games. That device would be more like the Apple TV or Roku than a powerful gaming console.
- Finally, there are some scattered reports that the next Kinect sensor will have some cool features like enhanced voice control and greater motion sensitivity.
Xbox's director of programming Larry Hyrb wrote a brief post on his blog about the announcement, saying the event will "mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment."
Here's a look at the invitation:
More From Business Insider
- On National TV Last Night, The Austerity Movement Became A Laughingstock
- Google Cares Less About SAT Scores And GPA Because They Have Better Hiring Data
- Apple Posts Solid Quarter — But A Lousy Outlook
- Information Technology
- Technology & Electronics