Reports suggest an event will take place May 21st instead of the originally planned date of April 24th.
Next month's event won't reveal too much about the next-generation console, instead it will just focus on the very first details. Microsoft is planning on a full reveal at the E3 gaming conference in June.
There have been rumors suggesting the next generation Xbox will require an always on internet connection and feature completely redesigned hardware.
Earlier this year we also found some rumored hardware specs that give us a better idea of what we can expect from the next-Xbox:
- Blu-Ray player
- WiFi and Ethernet for connecting to the Internet and playing games online
- 8 GB of RAM
- USB 3.0 ports for accessories
- HDMI port that works with 3D TVs and ultra high-resolution "4K" TVs
- Hard drive for game saves, music, videos, downloadable games, etc.
- Built-in Kinect sensor for motion-controlled gaming
More From Business Insider
- Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3: Which Console Is Better?
- Rumor: Microsoft Is Slashing The Price Of Windows For Tablets To Fight Android
- The Most Successful Founders Are Greedy (But Not For Money)
- Game Consoles
- Technology & Electronics