ST. LOUIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Monsanto Company (MON) today announced the pricing of $4.5 billion aggregate principal amount of fixed rate senior notes consisting of the following:
- $500 million in senior notes that mature in 2017 and bear interest at a rate of 1.150%,
- $500 million in senior notes that mature in 2019 and bear interest at a rate of 2.125%,
- $500 million in senior notes that mature in 2021 and bear interest at a rate of 2.750%,
- $750 million in senior notes that mature in 2024 and bear interest at a rate of 3.375%,
- $500 million in senior notes that mature in 2034 and bear interest at a rate of 4.200%,
- $1 billion in senior notes that mature in 2044 and bear interest at a rate of 4.400%, and
- $750 million in senior notes that mature in 2064 and bear interest at a rate of 4.700%.
The company indicated that it expects to use the proceeds from the offering, proceeds from the issuance of up to approximately $1.2 billion of commercial paper, and available cash, to fund the $6 billion accelerated portion of its share repurchase programs and for other general corporate purposes.
This news release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy nor shall there be any sale of the notes in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction. This offering is being made solely by means of a prospectus and prospectus supplement.
Copies of the prospectus and prospectus supplement relating to the notes may be obtained by contacting: Citigroup toll-free at (800) 831-9146 or J.P. Morgan collect at (212) 834-4533.
About Monsanto Company
Monsanto Company is a leading global provider of technology-based solutions and agricultural products that improve farm productivity and food quality. Monsanto remains focused on enabling both small-holder and large-scale farmers to produce more from their land while conserving more of our world's natural resources such as water and energy.
- Investment & Company Information
- Monsanto Company
Lee Quarles, 314-694-2330
Bryan Hurley, 314-694-8148