In a report published Wednesday, Morgan Stanley analyst Benjamin Swinburne upgraded the rating on Liberty Media (NASDAQ: LMCA) from Equal-Weight to Overweight, and named a $158.00 price target.
In the report, Morgan Stanley noted, “YTD, the NAV discount has widened and shares have lagged the market by 1,500 bps. While the current NAV discount is not wide on a historical basis, we see the upcoming LBRDA/K spin-off (announced May 8th, likely Oct. close) as a catalyst for tightening.
"In addition, we argue for a complete collapse of the discount as the market prices in two hypothetical transactions that mirror prior tax-efficient approaches to monetizing investments by Liberty. Finally, we see additional upside to our bull case based on performance of the core underlying assets.”
Liberty Media closed on Tuesday at $136.14.
See more from Benzinga
- UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Reiterates On Nike On Major Earnings Growth Acceleration
- UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Reiterates On American Homes 4 Rent Following Portfolio Acquisition
- UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Reiterates On Adecoagro SA On Model Update
© 2014 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
- Personal Investing Ideas & Strategies
- Investment & Company Information
- Morgan Stanley
- Liberty Media