Here's what 2013 holds for us in terms of technology, according to gadget guru Walt Mossberg:
- Tablets will continue to dominate over laptops.
- Companies like Microsoft and Google will take cues from Apple's playbook and make their own devices complete with the hardware, operating system, apps, and an online ecosystem. Mossberg says he wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft made its own smartphone this year.
- Smart TVs will take off and Apple will unveil its highly-anticipated TV.
- We'll start seeing cheaper Android and Windows 8 smartphones, and more affordable monthly plans from carriers.
- More portable music players that can handle and play high-quality music will emerge.
- Fitness and health monitors will get more sophisticated sensors and come in different forms.
- We'll see more Internet-connected devices that let us wirelessly control things like light bulbs, appliances, and home security tools.
More From Business Insider
- BII REPORT: How Tablet Sales Have Exploded, And Where The Next Wave Of Growth Will Come From
- Google Is Attacking Apple From The Inside Out—And It's Working
- BII REPORT: Why Mobile Commerce Is Set To Explode
- Technology & Electronics