He says Amazon's new color tablet is not as " polished, fluid or versatile as the iPad."
Things he likes about it:
- It has more storage than its previous version.
- It's easier to hold in one hand than the iPad.
- The speakers are better than the iPad's.
- The battery life is in-line with the competition.
- It's a good tablet for people who want to tap Amazon's vast array of content.
Things he does not like about it:
- You have to pay $15 to hide ads from Amazon in various screens.
- The screen is inferior to the iPad's.
- The wi-fi is supposed to be faster than the iPad's but it isn't.
- It lacks artificial intelligence, like Apple's Siri.
- No rear camera, instant messaging or maps.
- Few apps.
Obviously there is a lot more nuance in Mossberg's actual column, which you should go read >>
More From Business Insider
- Pogue Laughs At Amazon's iPad Wannabe
- A Good Guess At What The iPad Mini Will Look Like
- GOOGLE: We Didn't Know You Could Patent Round Corners