TROY, MI --(Marketwired - August 19, 2013) - MOTOR Magazine announced today that it received several editorial and design awards for work published in 2012 from the International Society for Vehicle Preservation's International Automotive Media Awards, the American Society of Business Publication Editors' "AZBEE" National Awards of Excellence and the Trade, Association and Business Publications International "Tabbies" Awards.
The MOTOR Magazine team received recognition at the 22nd International Automotive Media Awards winning seven medallions -- four Gold, one Silver and two Bronze. These awards are presented by the International Society for Vehicle Preservation, a nonprofit educational organization founded in 1983 that produces the Automotive Media Competition. The purpose of this peer-judged awards program is to recognize and encourage excellence in all forms of automotive media.
22st Annual International Automotive Media Awards competition
- In the Technical How-To Article category
- Sam Bell for "Table Manners: Developing Forensic Diagnostic Skills"
- Bob Pattengale for "Going Beyond DTCs to Solve Evap System Problems"
- Best Single Issue in its circulation category - to the MOTOR staff for the August 2012 issue
- Editor's Report - awarded to Editor & Publisher John Lypen
- Best Regularly Published Column/Series category - awarded to Karl Seyfert for his Trouble Shooter column.
- Cover Design - awarded to Harold Perry earned for his cover design of the September Top 20 Tools issue
- Best Technical General Article category - awarded to Jorge Menchu for "Strategies & Techniques for Waveform Analysis."
Gold National AZBEE Award
MOTOR Magazine's Seyfert took Gold from the ASBPE's Azbee National Awards of Excellence program in the category of Regular Column, Staff Written, Revenue Over $2M for his column Trouble Shooter in April 2012 and May 2012. Founded in 1964 as the American Society of Business Press Editors, ASBPE is the professional association for full-time and freelance editors, writers, art directors, and designers employed in the business, trade, and specialty press. ASBPE's AZBEE Awards of Excellence program is one of the most competitive for business-to-business, trade, association, and professional publications.
MOTOR Magazine won three Tabbie Awards -- a Silver Tabbie Award for Lypen's Editor's Report, Honorable Mentions in the category of Regular Column for Seyfert's Trouble Shooter column, and in the Technical Article category for Menchu's "Strategies & Techniques for Waveform Analysis."
The Tabbies recognizes excellence in trade, association and business publications. The 2013 Tabbie Awards featured nearly 500 entries, with nominations coming from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, the United Arab Emirates, Lebanon, Singapore and South Africa.
"We are extremely proud of the continued recognition by our peers for our efforts to provide quality editorial and design for MOTOR Magazine readers," said Lypen, M.
MOTOR Information Systems is the leader in aftermarket information solutions for vehicles. Founded in 1903, MOTOR products include targeted, timely and accurate data to help its customers achieve their business goals. Visit www.MOTOR.com.
- Commodity Markets
- MOTOR Magazine