SAN JOSE, Calif., June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Move, Inc., (MOVE) today announced that its FINDSM Application has gone live with Midwest Real Estate Data (MRED) in Chicago. Additionally, it has signed FIND agreements with two industry leading MLSs: MLS Property Information Network, Inc. (MLS PIN) in Boston, and San Francisco Association of REALTORS® (SFAR) in San Francisco. These three agreements will provide an additional 71,220 MLS members with the FIND Application's natural language search functionality through comprehensive neighborhood, school and amenity information.
With national inventory and median age of inventory at record lows, neighborhood information with easy to use search functionality and intuitive reporting is even more crucial to real estate professionals trying to get ahead of the competition. With the FINDSM Application, MLSs are able to equip their real estate professionals with extensive local and national knowledge, and streamline their process of compiling information for clients. The FINDSM Application is a specialized tool for real estate professionals allowing MLSs to provide their members with fast, flexible and easy access to all of the data from Multiple Listing Services and other real-estate related data sources throughout the country via a powerful, robust, and intuitive search engine.
As a result of these agreements, Move will also now be able to provide consumers with extensive market data updated in real time for Chicago, Boston and San Francisco provided directly by these MLSs, including: sold property data with attribution display for the listing agent/broker and the buyer's agent/broker.
The Chicago, Boston and San Francisco housing markets are several of the most-searched and fastest-moving in the country. The agreement with MRED (Chicago) and new agreements with MLS PIN (Boston) and SFAR (San Francisco) allows each MLS to provide Move's FINDSM Application tool to a broad base of real estate professionals in housing sectors with fierce competition. In May, MRED members gained access to the FINDSM Application software; Boston and San Francisco will be implemented soon as well.
- MRED (Chicago, IL) is the largest MLS nationally, based on number of listings and the third largest MLS in membership size. It represents nearly 40,000 brokers and agents with over 75,500 listings.
- MLS PIN (Boston, MA) is one of the ten largest MLSs based on listings count, with over 38,500 active listings. It covers Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and other areas of New England and supports more than 28,700 customers.
- SFAR (San Francisco, CA) is ranked in the top third of MLSs in the nation. It has more than 2,839 members and represents more than 3,575 listings.
"Real estate professionals around the country and particularly in extremely competitive markets like Chicago, Boston and San Francisco depend on quick and easy access to robust neighborhood information in order to make recommendations to their clients," said Steve Berkowitz CEO of Move. "MRED, MLS PIN, and SFAR represent three highly sought-after markets with strong competition among real estate professionals. These agreements demonstrate the importance of FINDSM Application in providing the necessary resources in an easy to use format to real estate professionals. The ultimate goal of our FINDSM Application tool is to help MLSs better serve their clients with most comprehensive national data set available and give Move users a complete view of market activity, including sold data, in real time."
"MRED is constantly seeking products and services that increase the breadth and scope of our customers' knowledge of their local markets and beyond. The FIND solution from Move falls right into that category," said MRED's Chief Executive Officer, Russ Bergeron. "Our customers should not have to struggle to keep up with the information available to consumers on the Internet today. FIND offers a powerful, robust and intuitive search engine that delivers unfettered, unrestricted views of all Move data sets. The result is that MRED practitioners should never be at a disadvantage to the consumer audience. With the FIND Application, Move has created another winner."
"We all know that information is key in today's real estate market. MLS PIN is excited to provide its customers with the extensive data available through the FINDSM Application," stated Kathy Condon, president and chief executive officer of MLS PIN. "Broad local and national content right at their fingertips enhances and extends the reach beyond the MLS application without having to search for it on their own saving valuable time and winning over their clients."
The FINDSM Application platform features a powerful natural language processor, giving real estate professionals the ability to search with simple typed requests like "three bedroom homes for sale in Naperville with a pool between 600k and 800k" or "condo in Chicago with deck." Some other FIND features include:
- An average of three million current, accurate and up-to-date active listings – over 85 percent of MLSs are updated every 15 minutes, with all others updated at a minimum of once per day
- Five to six million sold records per year – more than three million from MLS sources (attribution on realtor.com is provided to both the listing and selling brokers) and the remainder are from public record sources
- Over 113 million property records – from various approved public record providers
- Nationwide school information – district boundaries and detailed reports
- Nationwide neighborhood information – boundaries, demographics, psychographics
- Local amenity locations and information – shopping, restaurants, entertainment, places of worship, emergency services, banks, libraries, etc.
For more information about the FINDSM Application, please contact the realtor.com Customer Care Center, at (800) 878-4166.
About Move, Inc.
Move, Inc. (MOVE) is a leader in online real estate and operator of realtor.com®, the official website of the National Association of REALTORS®; Move.com, a leading destination for new homes and rental listings, moving, home and garden, and home finance; ListHub™, the leading syndicator of real estate listings; Moving.com™; SeniorHousingNet; SocialBios; TigerLead®; and TOP PRODUCER® Systems. Move, Inc. is based in San Jose, Calif.
- Real Estate
- San Francisco
- real estate