REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Aug 12, 2013) - Oracle (
Expanding data volumes and Web, cloud and mobile computing growth have increased management challenges for database professionals. To help developers and administrators better manage these dynamic data environments, Oracle has released MySQL Workbench 6.0 with a redesigned user interface and new features that allow users to simplify MySQL database development, design and administration.
- Oracle today announced the general availability of MySQL Workbench 6.0, the open source design, development and administration tool.
- The latest version delivers a redesigned graphical user interface (GUI) that extends database management capabilities and improves user productivity.
- MySQL Workbench Community Edition is available free of charge under the GPL.
- MySQL Workbench Enterprise Edition is included with the MySQL Enterprise Edition subscription.
- For more details, join our "What's New in MySQL Workbench 6.0" webcast on Thursday, August 15, at 9.00 am PT. Register here.
Simplified Design, Development and Administration
- MySQL Workbench is a unified visual tool that provides data modeling, SQL development, and comprehensive administration for server configuration, user administration, migration and more.
- MySQL Workbench 6.0 features the following improvements:
- Redesigned GUI: includes a modernized home screen and a streamlined interface for unified, multi-tasking database management and development.
- Vertical query results mode: allows query results to be visualized as a column/value pair list, which is ideal for queries that produce few rows but many columns.
- Cascaded DELETE statement generator: automatically performs the tedious task of creating DELETE statements for deleting a row referenced by foreign keys.
- Improved Visual Entity-Relationship Model Synchronization: with live schemas, making the integrated database modeling tool even more useful for managing schemas.
- New Schema Inspector: provides a suite of detailed views of all objects in the schemas plus access to table maintenance operations such as ANALYZE and OPTIMIZE TABLE.
- New Table Data Search: enables a text search on any number of tables and schemas for rows matching a given pattern.
- Improved Server Status: provides a quick summary of server status and configuration.
- Wizard Based Migration Support: for Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE), PostgreSQL and now with additional support for Sybase SQL Anywhere and SQLite.
- Community driven features: MySQL Workbench 6.0 addresses well over 200 inputs and requests from the community.
- MySQL Workbench 6.0 Enterprise Edition provides customers with additional enterprise features, including:
- MySQL Enterprise Backup GUI: now allows setup, run, schedule, and view backups while in progress, as well as automating restores.
- MySQL Audit Log Inspector: allows users to browse and analyze audit data generated via MySQL Enterprise Audit. With powerful filtering and search capabilities users will be able to more easily assess the audit log content generated via MySQL Enterprise Audit.
- "To address scalability and performance challenges of Web, mobile, and cloud environments, organizations around the world are using MySQL," said Tomas Ulin, vice president MySQL Engineering, Oracle. "MySQL Workbench 6.0 is a major update that features a number of new enhancements based on community feedback. This release makes it easier than ever for administrators and developers to design, develop, and manage their MySQL databases."
- Oracle and MySQL
- MySQL Workbench
- MySQL Community Edition
- MySQL Enterprise Edition
- MySQL Blog, Twitter, Facebook
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Information Technology
- Technology & Electronics
- MySQL Workbench
- MySQL Enterprise