The National Institute on Retirement Security will host its fifth annual retirement policy conference, On the Money? A Close Up Look at Americans' Retirement Prospects, on Tuesday, March 4, 2014, from 8:00 AM – 2:30 PM at the Washington Court Hotel, 525 New Jersey Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C.
The event will feature the release of a new report, The Financial Security Scorecard: A State-by-State Analysis of Economic Pressures on Future Retirees. This report ranks the 50 states and the District of Columbia relative to three areas: potential retirement income; major retiree costs such as housing and health care; and labor market conditions.
Conference speakers include:
- Ray Boshara, Assistant Vice President, St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank
- Jack Ehnes, CEO, CalSTRS
- Mark Iwry, Senior Advisor to the Secretary and Deputy Assistant Secretary, U.S. Treasury Department
- Mark Miller, Author and Journalist
- Earl Pomeroy, Former U.S. Congressman and Senior Counsel, Alston and Bird
- David M. Rubenstein, Co-Founder and Co-CEO, The Carlyle Group
- Dallas Salisbury, President and CEO, Employee Benefits Research Institute
- Damon Silvers, Director of Policy and Special Counsel, AFL-CIO
- Christian Weller, Professor, University of Massachusetts Boston and Fellow, Center for American Progress
Media can register for the conference here or at https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07e8orbcmg2e8ba7dd&oseq=&c=&ch=
Fifth Annual Retirement Policy Conference, On the Money? A Close Up Look at Americans' Retirement Prospects,
|Hosted by the National Institute on Retirement Security|
|Tuesday, March 4, 2014; 8:00 AM – 2:30 PM ET|
|Washington Court Hotel, 525 New Jersey Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C.|
Press credentials will be distributed beginning at 7:30 AM on March 4, 2014.
The National Institute on Retirement Security is a not-for-profit organization established to contribute to informed policymaking by fostering a deep understanding of the value of retirement security to employees, employers, and the economy through national research and education programs. Located in Washington, D.C., NIRS has a diverse membership of organizations interested in retirement security including financial services firms, retirement plan sponsors and service providers, and trade associations among others. More information is available at http://www.nirsonline.org.
- Retirement Benefits
- Investing Education