REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 24, 2012) - Oracle (
- To improve the management of its life-saving operations, National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP), the global leader in providing bone marrow and umbilical cord blood transplants to patients in need, has modernized its financial and procurement operations by upgrading to the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.
- NMDP manages a complex ecosystem of donor, patient, hospital and biological data for its Be The Match® program and Be The Match Registry®.
- NMDP originally implemented the Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 leveraging Oracle Business Accelerators, which are rapid implementation tools and templates that help reduce implementation time, complexity and cost. It subsequently upgraded to the latest version, Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1, to better streamline its financial and procurement operations.
Finding a Technology Match to Better Serve Those in Need
- As the non-profit organization and its registry grew larger, NMDP needed a modern, integrated business platform to store and integrate its financial information and complicated procurement process.
- The organization selected the Oracle E-Business Suite over solutions from Microsoft, Lawson and Epicor for its ability to fit seamlessly into its enterprise architecture.
- By replacing its manual, paper-based system for accounting with Oracle Financials Management and Oracle Procurement, NMDP has streamlined back-office processes and integrated its procure-to-pay business processes leveraging industry leading accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger functionality to facilitate easier budgeting and regulatory compliance.
- With the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1, NMDP has significantly increased visibility and accuracy by improving procurement and accounting processes.
- Additionally, NMDP uses the flexible Oracle system to manage the administration of complicated government grants via Oracle Grant Accounting, which are a critical source of funding that the organization previously recorded on multiple spreadsheets.
- NMDP is currently rolling out Oracle Hyperion Performance Management Applications and plans to implement Oracle Order Management and Oracle Advanced Pricing by the end of 2012.
- "Maintaining accurate data and an efficient matching process is essential, particularly as our global database of bone marrow patients grows and donor lists expand," said Bruce Schmaltz, Director of Finance / Controller, National Marrow Donor Program. "We rely on the Oracle E-Business Suite to ensure our procurement and financial management processes meet the highest standards, enabling our growing non-profit to work swiftly and efficiently to help improve and save lives."
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle E-Business Suite Financials
- Oracle Procurement
- Oracle Business Accelerators
- Oracle Midsize Customer Success Stories
- Success Story: National Marrow Donor Program Improves Grant Management and Automates Procure-to-Pay Process with Enterprise Applications Upgrade
- National Marrow Donor Program
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.