LAS VEGAS, NV--(Marketwire - Nov 28, 2012) - Today at re: Invent, NetApp (
With this offering, organizations can now replicate data from on-premise NetApp® storage environments to NetApp Private Storage in an AWS Direct Connect facility to leverage on-demand cloud services. NetApp Private Storage for AWS allows enterprises to build an agile cloud infrastructure that balances internal datacenter resources along with AWS cloud resources to best meet their business needs.
NetApp Private Storage for Amazon Web Services is featured at the AWS re: Invent conference, November 27 - 29, in NetApp booth #510.
- Access big data analytics: Leverage NetApp Private Storage along with Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) to accomplish big data analysis at a fraction of the cost of running on premise
- Gain cost-effective data protection: Deploy cost-effective disaster recovery by leveraging Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) in failover scenarios; leverage tiered disk backup and recovery using Amazon S3 as a more reliable alternate to a tape archive
- High performance NFS and CIFS support to AWS cloud infrastructure: Easily move traditional enterprise applications to the cloud
- Support for secure synchronous or asynchronous data replication: Seamlessly move data between AWS regions, increasing application redundancy
"Our work with NetApp provides customers with the performance, security, compliance, and availability benefits of AWS with the high value enterprise offerings customers have come to expect from NetApp," said Terry Wise, head of Worldwide Partner Ecosystem, AWS. "Together, we're enabling more customers to use our on-demand web services with increased confidence for their critical business applications."
"Organizations use the on-demand scalability and reliability of Amazon Web Services as a critical extension to their on-premise IT infrastructure," said Brendon Howe, vice president, Product and Solutions Marketing, NetApp. "NetApp Private Storage for AWS provides customers the ability to leverage infrastructure that spans cloud and internal IT resources. We are committed to helping our customers achieve greater agility for their IT infrastructure."
NetApp Private Storage for AWS is immediately available through a select group of resellers in North America and will be available in Europe and Asia in the near future. For more information visit the NetApp Solution Connection.
"We share AWS and NetApp's vision for building the optimal infrastructure to deliver on-demand workloads enterprises requires to succeed in the cloud," said Tim Fitzgerald, vice-president of Avnet Cloud Solutions, Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas. "Customers can take advantage of AWS's scalability and low utility cost and NetApp's fortified storage foundation to run performance applications in the cloud, provide cost-effective disaster recovery, and satisfy development and test needs. We have built NetApp, AWS, and Equinix services to enable VARs to easily offer this to their customers."
"The global outlook for cloud adoption continues to be favorable as companies look to increase cost efficiencies throughout their computing and storage operations," said Vince DiMemmo, general manager for Enterprise at Equinix. "Customers can now easily connect their NetApp Private Storage with the AWS Cloud."
- Read further about today's announcement: "NetApp Private Storage for Amazon Web Services"
- Connect with NetApp experts and storage enthusiasts in the NetApp Community
- Follow NetApp on Twitter
- Connect with NetApp on Facebook
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
- Technology & Electronics
- Internet & Networking Technology
- Amazon Web Services