Barbara Nitke for Netflix
Netflix earned a record 31 Emmy nominations this year, but the internet streaming giant went home empty-handed during the Emmy Awards ceremony Monday evening.
A few of its actors were up for big awards, including Kevin Spacey for Best Actor in "House of Cards" and Taylor Schilling for Best Actress in "Orange is the New Black."
Instead, many of the wins went to "Breaking Bad," during its final Emmy run, and ABC's long-winning comedy "Modern Family."
During the Emmy's Creative Arts Awards held Aug. 16, Netflix did take home seven awards including one for sound mixing ("House of Cards") and another three for "Orange is the New Black."
Netflix's big winner was actually documentary "The Square" which won four awards.
Last year, Netflix surprised many people by winning three awards, including a Best Directing win for David Fincher on "House of Cards."
At the end of the day, the stars can still go home happy without a trophy.
Kevin Spacey is making a reported $500,000 per episode for "House of Cards", while Schilling is making $35,000 per episode for "Orange is the New Black," according to TV Guide.
More From Business Insider
- Aaron Paul's Emmy Speech Crashes Wife's Charity Site
- Bryan Cranston Beats Matthew McConaughey To Win Fourth Emmy
- Bryan Cranston Planted A Juicy Kiss On Julia Louis-Dreyfus After Her Emmy Win
- Jim Parsons Wins Lead Actor Emmy For 'Big Bang Theory'
- Sarah Silverman Shows Off 'Liquid Pot' Vape Pen On Emmys Red Carpet
- Arts & Entertainment
- Taylor Schilling
- Kevin Spacey