A number of official North Korean websites appear to be down following a DDOS attack, just hours after the country issed an ominous warning against South Korea.
A Twitter account called Anonymous_Korea, claims that the attack took down five of North Korea's official websites, though one later came back:March 30, 2013
March 30, 2013
North Korea Tech reports that the attack began a few hours after the north said it was "at war" with the south.
North Korea's official news service, KNCA.kp, appears to still be up, and does not contain any mention of the attacks. The New York Times says that North Korean officials have not mentioned the attacks at present.
Earlier this month North Korea accused the United States and South Korea of carrying out a "persistent and intensive" cyber attack against its official websites. However, the country is believed to train officers for cyber warefare itself, and is widely believed to have been behind recent attacks on South Korean computer networks.
More From Business Insider
- The US Army Is Planning For A Failed Nuclear State In North Korea
- If North Korea's Military Is A Joke, This Logitech Mouse Must Be The Punchline
- South Korea Considers Surgical Strike On Statues Of Kim Jong-il
- Politics & Government
- Foreign Policy
- North Korean