This Mother’s Day Groupon is finding surprise and delight in an obvious place: Groupon’s Moms. The Mother’s Day Gifting collection celebrates the things that make all moms exceptional with a collection of deals that reflect the interests and talents of real Groupon Moms. The collection is filled with experiences and gifts designed to inspire mothers to live the things that make them special or rediscover their passions, and it can be found at www.groupon.com/mothers-day.
Some of the Groupon mothers and deals in the collection include:
- Geri Robinson, brand marketing - Geri has climbed eight mountains, with the loftiest being a five-day trek up Mt. Rainer; similar experiences include cave bouldering, skydiving and horseback riding
- Ashley Wint, inventory management - Ashley has been an avid Yogi for 10 years, both in the studio and at home; the collection features a variety of local yoga studios
- Naamah Grover, merchant services - Naamah is a skilled kickboxer; other extreme fitness options include boot camp classes and paddleboarding excursions
- Jo Eastwood, sales operations - Jo studied sculpture and works in mixed media; similar experiences include pottery classes, glass blowing and canvas painting
- Jil McKinney, customer service - Jil photographs important life milestones such as engagements; various photography classes and experiences are featured in the gifting collection
- These and other local experience-focused gifts can be found at www.groupon.com/occasion/mothers-day-experiences
“Our Mother’s Day gift collection reflects the diverse range of passions and skills that make moms great,” said Kal Raman, Groupon COO and executive sponsor of the employee resource group Women at Groupon. “Our Groupon Moms -- and moms everywhere -- are great inspirations, and we’re thrilled to celebrate them.”
Groupon is also running a social media contest* to ‘Mominate’ a mother for a chance to win a one-year supply of “Me Time.” People can mominate their own mom, significant other, a friend or even themselves. Participants simply need to share a pic of their favorite mom and complete a fill-in-the-blank eCard. Submissions can be made at http://groupon.com/coupons/mothers-day. Groupon judges will choose one grand-prize winning entry from the 10 submissions with the most votes.
The grand-prize winner mominee will receive a one-year supply of “Mom Me Time” valued at $3,000 in Groupon Bucks. Two additional entrants—picked randomly—will each receive a one-time prize of $500 in Groupon Bucks.
All of the Groupon moms, and their stories, can be found here: http://gr.pn/1iMpc7e.
Groupon (GRPN) is a global leader of local commerce and the place you start when you want to buy just about anything, anytime, anywhere. By leveraging the company’s global relationships and scale, Groupon offers consumers a vast marketplace of unbeatable deals all over the world. Shoppers discover the best a city has to offer on the web or on mobile with Groupon Local, enjoy vacations with Groupon Getaways, and find a curated selection of electronics, fashion, home furnishings and more with Groupon Goods.
Groupon is redefining how traditional small businesses attract, retain and interact with customers by providing merchants with a suite of products and services, including customizable deal campaigns, credit card payment processing capabilities, and point-of-sale solutions that help businesses grow and operate more effectively. To search for great deals or subscribe to Groupon emails, visit www.Groupon.com. To download Groupon's five-star mobile apps, visit www.groupon.com/mobile. To learn more about the company’s merchant solutions and how to work with Groupon, visit www.GrouponWorks.com.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law. This is a skill-based contest. Contest only open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. or D.C., 18+. Entry period begins: 11:59 p.m. CT on 4/23/14 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on 5/11/14. When selecting the winner, sponsor-selected judges will review submissions based on the following criteria: (a) 40% creativity of the photo; (b) 30% quality of the photo; and (c) 30% creativity and originality of the fill-in-the-blanks style eCard. ARV of all prizes: $4,000. Subject to Official Rules (click to link). Sponsor: Groupon, Inc., 600 W. Chicago Ave., Suite 400, Chicago, IL 60654.
- Hobbies & Personal Activities
- Hobby Events
Erin Yeager, 312-999-3434