PARIS, May 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MSLGROUP – Publicis Groupe's strategic communications and engagement network - today published its latest global report titled "Now & Next: Future of Engagement." The 94-page report identifies the ten most important evolutions pushing forward the frontiers of communications in today's Social Age.
Conceived of to help the network's clients navigate the complexities of today and prepare themselves for the even greater complexities of tomorrow, 'Now & Next' synthesizes rich crowd-sourced insights to provide the reader with invaluable foresight into what successful engagement will entail in the future.
Pascal Beucler, Chief Strategy Officer at MSLGROUP commented, "In business, you must forever switch between the now and the next if you're to continue to thrive. Looking to help our clients build increasingly rich connections with consumers and stakeholders, we have studied hundreds of web platforms and brand programs in the areas of social data, crowdsourcing, storytelling and citizenship; looked at the interconnections between them, identified the patterns that form, and then extrapolated these patterns to the future."
A year in the making, MSLGROUP's 'Now & Next' takes an in-depth look at what the company considers the ten key frontiers shaping engagement today: Crowdfunding, Behavior Change Games, Collaborative Social Innovation, Grassroots Change Movements, Co-creation Communities, Social Curation, Transmedia Storytelling, Collective Intelligence, Social Live Experiences and Collaborative Consumption.
Analyzing these ten frontiers, a number of important patterns emerge, namely:
- It's a People's World: Entrepreneurs and changemakers, not organizations and corporations, are creating the future of engagement. One consequence is that organizations must learn best practices from entrepreneurs and changemakers, and adapt them to their own engagement efforts.
- It's a Purpose-led World: Engagement is increasingly being ignited by a shared purpose and a sense of citizenship. There's an urgent need for organizations to collaboratively redefine what they stand for and design purpose-inspired platforms and programs.
- It's a Boundless World: Engagement is increasingly unbound by channel. Media organizations are often at the forefront of digital media innovation. Corporations must follow their lead and create platforms and programs that are truly unbound by channel.
- It's a Social World: The shared purpose that fuels engagement is often a societal purpose -- like sustainability, wellness and learning but also self-interest and self-improvement. Corporations need to tap into both these motivations.
- It's a Complex World: While entrepreneurs, changemakers and media organizations are creating long term platforms, corporations often limit themselves to creating short-term programs that are easier to fit into the framework of a campaign. Corporations must learn the skills and mindset needed to create long-term platforms.
- It's a Demanding World: Media organizations and corporations are beginning to acquire innovative startups to engage people in more meaningful ways. Corporations will increasingly need to behave like venture capitalists, with a portfolio of investments in the future.
- It's a Fragmented World: Entrepreneurs are creating specialized software solutions to help organizations engage people using specific tools, in specific verticals. Such engagement solutions will become even more niche, even as bigger players try to position their engagement solutions as more integrated.
- It's a Global World: The platforms and programs that point to the future of engagement are originating not only in the US, but from all over the world, including Europe, Asia and Latin America, with the Nordics contributing a disproportionate share of path-breaking projects.
MSLGROUP is Publicis Groupe's strategic communications and engagement group, advisors in all aspects of communication strategy: from consumer PR to financial communications, from public affairs to reputation management and from crisis communications to event management. With more than 3,700 people, its offices span 22 countries. Adding affiliates and partners into the equation, MSLGROUP's reach increases to 4,000 employees in 83 countries. Today the largest PR network in EMEA, Greater China and India, the group offers strategic planning and counsel, insight-guided thinking and big, compelling ideas – followed by thorough execution. Learn more about us at: www.mslgroup.com
About Publicis Groupe
Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, part of the CAC 40 index] is the third largest communications group in the world, offering the full range of services and skills: digital and traditional advertising, public affairs and events, media buying and specialized communication. Its major networks are Leo Burnett, MSLGROUP, PHCG (Publicis Healthcare Communications Group), Publicis Worldwide, Rosetta and Saatchi & Saatchi. VivaKi, the Groupe's media and digital accelerator, includes Digitas, Razorfish, Starcom MediaVest Group and ZenithOptimedia. Present in 104 countries, the Groupe employs 56,000 professionals.
- Publicis Groupe