REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 16, 2012) - Oracle (
- ON24, a global leader in providing cloud-based webcasting and virtual communications solutions to more than 700 organizations, has integrated Oracle Coherence with Oracle WebLogic Server to supercharge the performance and reliability of its systems.
- To help eliminate service interruptions and provide virtually 100 percent availability to attendees and end users for more than 25,000 online events each year, ON24 needed an architectural framework that could easily segment traffic and deliver the highest possible quality of service for its customers.
- Building on its existing Oracle WebLogic Server infrastructure, ON24 selected the Oracle Coherence in-memory data grid solution for its high performance, availability and scalability, as well as its seamless integration with Oracle WebLogic Server in Oracle WebLogic Suite.
- Oracle Coherence -- combined with Oracle WebLogic Server -- serves as a central storage location for ON24's events, enabling ON24 to store end-user HTTP sessions on the grid for improved system performance and reliability.
- The Oracle Coherence implementation has improved the ON24 customer experience and audience retention by optimizing each individual Oracle WebLogic Server to process close to 1,000 requests each second, without visible performance degradation.
- In addition, Oracle Coherence with Oracle WebLogic Server has delivered extreme scalability, enabling ON24 to manage its server clusters in real time to support events that attract up to 50,000 concurrent users at any given time.
- The Oracle solution has also delivered a strong return on investment, reducing maintenance hours spent on tuning and traffic switches by more than 90% each month.
- Furthermore, ON24 plans to leverage Oracle TopLink Grid, the integration of Oracle Coherence and Oracle TopLink, to provide even greater overall system performance and JPA (Java Persistence API) scalability
- Oracle Coherence, Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle TopLink Grid are part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, a modern application infrastructure that significantly improves the agility and intelligence of business applications while enabling organizations to exploit new hardware and software architectures for efficient IT execution and cost savings.
- "We pride ourselves on our webcasting and virtual events solutions that are designed to be available around the clock, so it's critical for us to deliver fast, uninterrupted service to our customers at all times," said Alexander Livitz, senior performance architect, ON24. "The high performance, scalability and availability of Oracle Coherence and Oracle WebLogic Server make them an ideal match for the strict requirements of our platform, while the integration available through Oracle WebLogic Suite significantly accelerated our time to market. The Oracle solutions are delivering an engaging customer experience while significantly reducing support burdens on our end."
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle's Cloud Application Foundation
- Oracle Coherence
- Connect with Oracle Coherence via LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- Connect with Oracle WebLogic Server via Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Oracle TopLink Grid
- ON24 homepage
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.