WASHINGTON, DC--(Marketwired - Jun 3, 2013) - IASA Conference -- OneShield, Inc., a global provider of flexible, enterprise class and content-rich core systems for property/casualty (P&C) insurers, is pleased to announce that 95% of their customers will be in production with the other 5% in implementation on the latest version of Dragon by the end of 2013. This marks a significant achievement as OneShield leads the industry in keeping customers current1 and enables customers to take advantage of the latest capabilities and technology advancements to achieve true speed-to-market.
"Insurers should not underestimate the impact of keeping current with core system software releases," said Karen Furtado, partner, SMA - Strategy Meets Action. "In today's competitive environment, it is imperative for insurers to consider the effort required to implement software upgrades in order to take advantage of the most current business and technical capabilities in the market. Core system upgrade timeframe is one of the key factors during the buying process. Insurers typically invest significant resources in upgrade projects which can take anywhere from several months to over a year. OneShield has a well-defined upgrade process and platform along with a strong track record of working with their customers to ensure they benefit from the latest technology advancements quickly. It's a win-win."
Customers had this to say about OneShield's ease of upgrades:
- "Since we implemented OneShield Dragon in 2007, we have completed two policy system upgrades," said Troy Lethem, CIO, Capitol Insurance Companies. "The relative ease of melding our customizations into OneShield's product enhancements was a pleasant surprise. Leveraging their frequent improvements with our customizations speeds the delivery of new functionality that really matters to our customers. Our business is better because of our partnership with OneShield."
- "The flexibility of the Dragon platform has enabled us to completely transform our insurance processing and become more customer-centric," said Derek Oke, senior information technology architect, The Dominion. "The ease of OneShield's upgrade path has enabled us to take advantage of the latest features, functionality and improvements to more effectively meet our business objectives."
"Upgrades are one of the most commonly overlooked and underestimated factors in regards to risks and total cost of ownership (TCO) of a product investment. We value the importance of staying current on the latest version of Dragon which is why we have an established upgrade methodology and provide our customers a streamlined upgrade path that is affordable," said Heather Peacock, Executive Vice President, Client Services and Delivery, OneShield. "The average implementation time for a Dragon upgrade is typically three to four months, giving our customers every opportunity to take advantage of new functionality quickly."
The OneShield Dragon suite includes Dragon Policy, Dragon Billing, Dragon Rating and Dragon Intelligence and is a proven industry solution in production across a combined 44 commercial, personal and specialty lines of business.
To hear more about the experiences of OneShield customers, interested parties should plan to attend session #272 at the upcoming 2013 IASA Annual Educational Conference & Business Show in Washington, D.C. The session, "Modern Data Conversion Strategies for Policy Migration and More," will feature Troy Lethem of Capitol Insurance Companies and Derek Oke of The Dominion of Canada addressing the important topics of upgrades and turning data into a valuable strategic asset on Monday, June 3rd (3:30-5:00 p.m.) at the Gaylord National.
OneShield delivers flexible, enterprise-class policy management, billing, rating, product configuration and business intelligence/analytic solutions to the global P&C/General Insurance industry. Based on an open, tool-based architecture, OneShield Dragon® provides companies with the ability to streamline product creation, management, underwriting and distribution. With Dragon, P&C/General insurers gain a competitive advantage that helps them improve operations and profitability while meeting increasing customer and market demands. OneShield Dragon® is a proven industry solution in production across a combined 44 commercial, personal and specialty lines of business. OneShield develops innovative technology to better serve the needs of the industry and more importantly, their customers. OneShield is headquartered in Marlborough, MA and has an office in Gurgaon, India. Visit oneshield.com to learn more, or for further information contact Kim Morton :: 774-348-1051 :: email@example.com
1 Reference Gartner Report, "MarketScope for North American Property Casualty Policy Management Modules," 11 February 2013 for more detailed information.
- Security Upgrades & Downgrades
St. Nick Media Services