NEW YORK, June 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Oppenheimer & Co. Inc., a unit of Oppenheimer Holdings (OPY), held its 14th annual Consumer Conference in Boston on June 24 and 25, 2014. The conference featured more than 50 leading public companies in the consumer sector, including Best Buy Company, Inc., Home Depot, Inc, Lowe's Companies, Inc., Tiffany & Company, and Yum! Brands Inc.
Investors were able to hear and meet with leaders at companies representing four major sectors (Consumer, Household & Personal Products; Restaurants; Specialty Hardlines; and Specialty Retail) and assess the prospects for consumer stocks going into the second half of the year.
Oppenheimer Research Analysts at the event included:
- Joseph Altobello – Managing Director and Senior Analyst covering Household & Personal Products
- Anna Andreeva – Executive Director and Senior Analyst covering Specialty Retailing
- Brian Bittner – Managing Director and Senior Analyst covering Restaurants
- Ella Ji – Managing Director and Senior Analyst covering the China Internet and Consumer sector
- Brian W. Nagel – Managing Director and Senior Analyst covering the Hardlines and Broadlines sectors
- Rupesh D. Parikh, Director and Senior Analyst covering the Food and Grocery sectors
- Ian A. Zaffino – Managing Director and Senior Analyst covering event-driven special situations
"This event highlighted a pivotal moment for the consumer sector as we head into the back-to-school and holiday shopping periods. We were delighted to be able to connect investors with leading consumer companies as they gave their perspective on the sector's outlook for the remainder of the calendar year," said Erica L. Moffett, Managing Director, Associate Director of Research, Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.
Oppenheimer's next conference will be the firm's 17th Annual conference on Technology, Internet and Communications, which will be held on August 12-13 in Boston. Following that will be Oppenheimer's 25th Annual Healthcare Conference on December 10-11 in New York City. These meetings provide opportunities for institutional investors as well as venture capital and private equity firms to meet with a variety of companies.
Conferences are only open to established institutional clients of Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. For more information, please contact your Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. institutional sales representative.
Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. (Oppenheimer), a principal subsidiary of Oppenheimer Holdings Inc.
(OPY on the New York Stock Exchange), and its affiliates provide a full range of wealth management, securities brokerage and investment banking services to high-net-worth individuals, families, corporate executives, local governments, businesses and institutions.
Certain statements in this release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, as discussed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Investment & Company Information
- Oppenheimer Holdings