REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire -07/09/12)- Oracle (ORCL)
- Oracle is #1 in worldwide Application Server Software revenues for 2011 with a 38.3% market share, according to IDC(*).
- With a growth rate of 11.7%, Oracle continues to lead the Application Server Software Platform category in 2011.
- In terms of regions, APAC was the fastest growing region for Oracle, with a growth rate of over 18%, Americas (including LAD) is at 11.0% and EMEA's growth is 9.5%.
- According to the report, Oracle also outranked the competition by achieving over 9 points greater market share than the closest competitor.
- To view a copy of the report, visit http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=235496
- For more information on the report, contact Maureen Fleming at IDC, 508-935-4022.
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- Oracle's Cloud Application Foundation
- Oracle WebLogic Server on OTN
- Connect with Oracle WebLogic Server via Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(*) Source: IDC: "Worldwide Application Server Middleware and Application PaaS 2011 Vendor Shares," doc #235496, June 2012